News

Current Events
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Kevin “Squingy” Bennett is a legend. He is a product of natural, raw, born talent. This has propelled him to the top of the Dancehall arena as a selector on Bass Odyssey for nearly 20 years. Approximately five years ago Squingy was diagnosed with a life threatening illness which out of respect for him and at his request has been kept secret. Only a select few were privileged with knowing this sensitive information as this was necessary in maintaining his health. Having started treatment in Jamaica, he later began receiving treatment in Tampa, Florida for two main reasons. Squingy had a friend in Tampa who had a relative working in the hospital who would provide him with easy access to the required treatment. He would travel to...
Prime Minister Bruce Golding has expressed condolences on behalf of the Government and the people of Jamaica, to the people of Poland, following the plane crash on Saturday, (April 10 ) which claimed the lives of Polish President Lech Kaczynski, the First Lady and many prominent members of Poland's political, military and church establishment. In his message of condolence Mr. Golding said, "We are deeply saddened by the magnitude of this tragedy and convey our deepest sympathies to the government, the bereaved families and people of Poland." "Jamaica's thoughts and prayers are with the Government and People of Poland during this difficult and traumatic time," he said. Issued By: OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
Shooting at JLP Party Rally by mark posted Feb 9, 2016 at 1:38 AM At least three people were killed and two injured in a shooting as hundreds gathered for the Jamaica Labour Party political rally in Monetego Bay, Jamaica, Sunday night. The gunfire rang out as former Jamaican prime minister and current JLP leader Andrew Holness was finishing a nearly hour long speech in Sam Sharpe Square. Update: JCF Press Conference On St. James Shooting by mark posted Feb 9, 2016 at 9:11 AM
Shaggy a di richest artist in Dancehall today. According to Urban Islandz, his net worth is over 20 million dollars. Him really Boom Bastic and Fantastic. Check out the top ten list below: 1. Shaggy US$22M Shaggy 2001 album “Hot Shot” sold more than 20 million copies worldwide, making him one of music’s top selling artist. The mega sales propelled Shaggy to arguably become Reggae’s Richest artist of the current generation. “Hot Shot” peaked at number one on the Billboard charts in the US and UK, and was certified X6 platinum in the US alone. Despite the huge success of “Hot Shot” Shaggy never release another successful album today and he really doesn’t need to. These days Shaggy is more known for his charitable work in Jamaica...
“Squingy passed early this morning at Tampa General Hospital "Gone but never Forgotten" He is a father, he is a son, he is our brother and he is our friend. From all at ReggaeMe.com our thoughts and prayer are with you and your family at this sad time <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf" width="400" height="35"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf"/> <param name="FlashVars" value="audio=http://www.reggaeme.com/vbtube/upload/mp3/59835838.mp3&autoplay=false"/> </object>
Jamaica created sports history as its women's bobsled team of Carrie Russell and Jazmine Fenlator-Victorian won bronze in the North American Cup held in Lake Placid in the United States of America (USA). The Jamaican pair was third in 1:57.87 behind the winners Nicole Vogt and Bonnie Kilis of the USA with 1:57.70 and Canadians Julie Johnson and Janine McCue with 1:57.81. The Jamaican bobsled team is asking for $60,000 to hire a coach through a crowdfunding campaign. The team hope to qualify men’s and women’s bobsled teams for the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics, which will mark the 30-year anniversary of their Olympic debut in Calgary, which inspired the 1993 Disney film “Cool Runnings.”
2017 Grammy Nominee Reggae Band Raging Fyah Named " Jamaica's Reggae Music Ambassador". Adding to the prestigious honor of being nominated for 2017 Best Reggae Album by the Grammy committee, Pele, Demar, Anthony Watson, Courtland “Gizmo” White and Kumar collectively known as Raging Fyah add "Jamaica's Reggae Music Ambassador" to their numerous honors. It was indeed a proud moment for the self-contained band to officially proudly represent their country to the world, " We have said this many times before, and it rings true to who Raging Fyah are. Jamaica is the birthplace of reggae, it is our birth place. The vibes and the sounds of our beautiful island is what we Raging Fyah carry in our soul to the world." Members of the band met...
The governing body the International Olympic Committee (IOC) disqualified Jamaica's 2008 Beijing 4x100m sprint team today. Re-analysis of Carter's samples from Beijing resulted in a positive test for the prohibited substance methylhexaneamine. Initially sold as a nasal decongestant in the US until 1983, methylhexaneamine was reclassified in 2011 as a "specified substance" and has been used more recently as an ingredient in dietary supplements. The 31-year-old Carter has been a key member of Jamaica's relay team, running the first leg as they won gold at the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games. All four members of the team, which includes Bolt, Asafa Powell, Michael Frater and Carter, a bronze medalist at the 2013 World Championships will...
On Tuesday the Corporate Communications Unit (CCU), the Jamaica Constabulary Force’s information arm, revealed that Alkaline was being sought for questioning in regards to the murder of Rohan Morris and has asked him to report to Area Four HQ at Harman Barracks. Rohan Morris, a 28 year old, was murdered at his home in Maverley, St Andrew, on January 13, 2017.
A New York family court judge issued a warrant for the immediate arrest of Mr. Vegas baby mother, Shellian McBayne. The Family Court of New York, Bronx County issued the warrant following Shellian’s non-appearance in court on April 23, 2013. It is said that Mr. Vegas hasn’t seen his young daughter in eight months.
First, I would like to say that there is no excuse for a picture of that nature to be a part of the public domain. I admit that the picture is real, but it captures a personal act done in the privacy of my bedroom. I don’t know how that got leaked to the media and condemn anyone who would stoop to such a low. However, I understand that I am a public person, and when I say or do something, either articulated and thought out, it carries weight in the public arena. As a result, I must assume personal responsibility for my actions. I would like to apologise specifically to all my female fans who might be disappointed to see me in this light. However, I don’t apologise for the act itself because it was done with a man that I truly and...
Oswald Caines, a reggae music legend well-known in Sarasota, Florida, died Friday morning in a multi-vehicle crash that shut down the William Howard Frankland Bridge connecting St. Petersburg to Tampa. The accident froze early-morning rush-hour traffic in the central Bay area for hours. The 61-year-old Caines, affectionately known by his friends as “Ham,” was scheduled to play a show with his band, the Democracy Reggae Band, at the Five O’clock Club in Sarasota on Thursday night. Friends and family, shocked by the fatherly musician’s sudden death, took to social media to offer their condolences.
Born in March 1900, Violet Mosses Brown says that hard work, devotion to the Baptist church and respect for family, life and people in general have helped her live a long and happy life. The new oldest person in the world eats what she wants — except for pork and chicken. And the Jamaica-born 117-year-old abstains from what she called “rum and dem tings.” Hailing from the same part of Jamaica as Olympic champion Usain Bolt, Brown on Saturday became the world’s oldest person after the death of Emma Morano of Italy. Known affectionately as "Aunt V," Brown stated that she "likes fish and mutton and sometimes she will have cow foot." She also likes locally grown produce such as sweet potatoes, breadfruit, oranges and mangoes.
Sergeant Neville Bryan died after he was attacked by gunmen at a gas station in Portmore, St Catherine, early Friday morning. Bryan, who served for 20 years in the force, was shot repeatedly while he sat in his motorcar.
Jovan "Pretty Rick" Rouse was an MC otherwise known as the "mic man" for Tek 9 Sound. ReggaeMe has been informed that Pretty Ricky passed away while he was asleep last night. Cause of death appears to be an heart attack. ReggaeMe would like to send its condolences to the family of Pretty Ricky, Tek 9, Tek 9 Virgin Island, Tek 9 Europe, Gully Squad, UK Family and the entire clashing fraternity for the loss of a true Reggae & Dancehall music lover. Pretty Rick Viewing to be held This Friday January 14 at St Lukes Lutheran Church Located at 259 Washington Ave Bt Willoughby Ave and Dekalb Ave Brooklyn, Ny 11205 Begining at 2pm with Services proceeding at 7pm.
Jamaica's only electricity provider says crews have pulled down nearly 10,000 illegal connections to the power grid and police have arrested over 300 people for theft so far this year. In a statement issued, the Jamaica Public Service Co. says it is "relentlessly pursuing" electricity thieves in neighborhoods where a tangle of illegal wires can often be seen tapping into power lines. Jamaica's government has a 20 percent stake in the electricity distributor JPS, where power theft has long been rampant and overlooked for years on the island.
We have moved to a newer and a more powerful server.
Soca star Destra Garcia is pregnant and expects to deliver her baby sometime in January 2010. It will be the first child for her and the second for her boyfriend/manager/producer of the past nine years, Brian Morris. He is the father of a 13-year-old daughter who lives in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Garcia, known for hits like Bonnie and Clyde, I Dare You and Carnival, said she had some "mixed emotions at first". The soca star, who is the face of Digicel in Trinidad and Tobago, said the news took her by surprise because there had been no morning sickness. Her stomach has only "just" started to show, she said. Contacted for a comment, sponsorship and PR manager for Digicel, Marita Laurent, extended congratulations to...
The playing of reggae and dancehall music was suspended in Barbados. The suspension began on June 1 and ended today August 05, 2013 to facilitate Crop Over. Those that control the policies of the Barbados music industry are hoping that Bajans will be consuming more of their culture from the media during that period. Crop Over is a traditional festival which began in Barbados, having had its early beginnings on the sugar cane plantations during the colonial period. The festival was originally a celebration signalling the end of the yearly sugar cane harvest. However, it has since evolved into Barbados' biggest national festival, similar to carnivals in Trinidad and Brazil. How do you feel about this?
Christopher Selby, 30, a prison escapee from Trinidad and Tobago, surrendered to authorities on Sunday night. He is currently being held at Barataria Police Station in Barataria, Trinidad. Selby’s surrender was to the Criminal Gang Intelligence unit. He was one of the prison escapees involved in a violent jailbreak that occurred on Friday. Three men escaped from a prison in the country’s capital city, Port-of-Spain. Trinidad prison escape shootout Three men escaped: Allan Martin, 42, Hassan Atwell, 41, and Selby. Shortly after the jailbreak, police shot and killed Martin on the grounds of Port-of-Spain’s General Hospital. Martin was in jail for a 2006 murder, Atwell was imprisoned awaiting extradition to the U.S. on charges...