Bass Odyssey Official Response to Squingy's Health

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

BassOdysseyLogo2.jpg

Kevin “Squingy” Bennett is a legend. He is a product of natural, raw, born talent. This has propelled him to the top of the Dancehall arena as a selector on Bass Odyssey for nearly 20 years.

Approximately five years ago Squingy was diagnosed with a life threatening illness which out of respect for him and at his request has been kept secret. Only a select few were privileged with knowing this sensitive information as this was necessary in maintaining his health.

Having started treatment in Jamaica, he later began receiving treatment in Tampa, Florida for two main reasons. Squingy had a friend in Tampa who had a relative working in the hospital who would provide him with easy access to the required treatment. He would travel to Tampa for treatment and return to his home in Jamaica. It was of our opinion that this link would be cheaper and also ensure confidentiality. We have always done everything within our powers to maintain Squingy’s health and will continue to support him.

In the first week of November 2009, Squingy’s condition worsened and as usual he left Jamaica for Tampa to recover. It was expected that with treatment he would recover in a few weeks and return home.

Therefore it was a shock to us at Bass Odyssey to learn of the request for funds to support Squingy through the media. We consider Squingy as a part of our family and if he is now on his death bed we believe that an attempt should have been made to contact even the immediate members of his biological family such as his children and brothers before a public announcement was made on the worldwide web.

He is a father, he is a son, he is our brother and he is our friend.

Given the his current state we are unable to give any confirmation on his approval of a recent public broadcast of his illness as we along with Squingy have always made every effort to remain discreet.

Right now Squingy needs our prayers.

This message serves to formally inform all those here in Jamaica and abroad also shocked and saddened by the news. Squingy himself has a vibrant personality and believes in putting his best foot forward. Despite his illness he is hopeful and needs the support of those he has entertained globally over the years.

Bass Odyssey will support the move to raise money for Squingy’s health fund, however we believe it needs serious planning and consideration. We therefore urge the planner to get in contact with us to do what is in his best interest. The best way to maintain and preserve his health should be considered as well as maintaining the financial stability of any move taken.

We therefore take the liberty for apologizing on behalf of Jazzy T from Renaissance whose name was mentioned in the release on Sunday as he was of the opinion when contacted by the planner that the fund planning/raising was being done by us here at Bass Odyssey or at least had our endorsement.

At this sad time, we ask that Squingy’s dignity as a Legend be maintained.

Sincerely,
Bass Odyssey Management
bassodysseymusic@gmail.com
(876) 389 2568 Head Office
(876) 483 2752 Media & PR

so sad so young and so loved

jah bless u and u family . what a sad day to wake up hear such news u gonna be missed so much this poem all ways touch my heart and i sending it to you Squingy
rest in peace soldier
34zkm85.jpg

a1jwwn.gif

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied: