News

Current Events
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Word in the streets that Beenie Man’s 17 year-old daughter is pregnant. Rumours suggest that it is either for a popular deejay, or a young teenaged boy called 'Nick' who the young girl was dating a few months ago. There is a strong and persistent rumor on the streets since last week that his 17 year old daughter Desha-Gaye is pregnant. More surprising is that she is said to be pregnant for deejay, Aidonia, a former member of Bounty Killer’s Alliance crew.
The informant who helped federal agents build a drug case against Jamaican reggae singer Buju Banton has been paid $3.3 million for helping law enforcement in numerous cases over several years. Defense attorney David Oscar Markus told U.S. Magistrata Thomas Wilson this morning that prosecutors have not provided enough information about the informant for him to be prepared to cross-examine him at Myrie's trial, scheduled for April 19. Markus outlined information that the government has given him about the informant: • The informant's name, which Markus did not disclose in court. • He was paid more than $35,000 for his cooperation in the case against Myrie and is also paid on a contingency basis, receiving a portion of...
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), in consultation with the Department of State, have added five Caribbean Community (CARICOM) countries among others worldwide that are eligible to participate in visa programs. The USCIS announced on Friday that Barbados, Belize, Grenada, Haiti, and Jamaica are now eligible to participate in the H-2A and H-2B Visa programs, effective January 18, 2016. Sixty-eight countries globally are eligible to participate in the visa program on that effective date. It said H-2A and H-2B Visa programs allow US employers to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill temporary agricultural and non-agricultural jobs, respectively.
Grieving Father In Florida To Support Wife and Catch Daughter’s Killer Thriller U spoke to TV news reporters yesterday; His daughter Nikita was 15. “Just put yourself in my shoes, having someone you loved so dearly, someone that you grow from a baby, growing up so decent, to be murdered.” Those were the words of Eustis Hamilton, better known as Thriller U to reggae fans the world over. He flew from Jamaica to Florida to be with his wife Camille, who is now recovering from surgery, and to appeal for help in the search for his daughter’s killer. “My daughter Nikita was brutally murdered,” said the devoted father, his voice shaking with emotion. “And in my heart…. my heart can’t express the way I feel because my daughter...
Recording artiste Buju Banton says that Bob Marley is not the greatest Jamaican musician and that this fixation on the reggae icon has hurt the growth of the music. Banton respects Marley's music but argued that calling him the greatest logically implies that no better can follow. "I want Jamaican music to be seen not through the pretext of some man that died 20 years ago, but as a pretext of a living being, working earnestly. If man cannot do what others have done in these times we might as well die," he told a mixed crowd at the launch of Rasta Got Soul, his new album, at the University of the West Indies on Thursday. "You know they say that the greatest musician in Jamaica is Bob Marley. I don't believe that, because we have...
72 Reggae Songs Proposed To Be Banned By The Jamaiacn Broadcasting Commission Anthony B - Tease Her Astronauts - Mek Wi Jam Baby Cham - Ghetto Story Barrington Levy - Unda Mi Sensi Beenie Man - Gyal Inna Bungle Beenie Man - Who Am I Beenie Man - Wickedest Slam Beenie Man - Yu Know Fi Whine Bob Marley - Burning & Looting Bob Marley - Guava Jelly Bob Marley - I Shot The Sheriff Bob Marley - Mix Up Mix Up Bob Marley - Pimper’s Paradise Bounty Killer - Look Into My Eyes Bramma - Voice of the Ghetto Buju Banton - Driva Buju Banton - Water Work Busy Signal - Done Wid Di War Busy Signal - Nah Help You Busy Signal - Tic Toc Byron Lee - O Carolina Byron Lee - Sammy Dead Byron Lee - Tiney Winey Cherine Anderson - Kitty...
Police have confirmed the death of Marcia Henville on Saturday. she passed away in an early morning fire at her home in St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago. Her husband escaped with severe burns to his body. Marcia Henville was a well known media personality, having hosted programs on both Radio and Television. She was also know for her acting roles both on the big screen and on stage and her involvement in the representation of the public in various national social issues. Marcia Henville was currently hosting the program “Point Blank” on CCN TV6.
The house of former Portmore Empire member Blak Ryno was shot up Thursday Feburary 25, 2010 by unknown assailants. Checks with the Waterford Police station confirmed that shots had indeed been fired at a house in Waterford but the station officer could not confirm whose house or whether anyone had been injured in the attack. "Shots were fired at a house in Waterford this morning and police are now on the scene but we don't have any other details because the officers have not returned yet," the officer said. Vybz Kartel fiercely condemned the gun attack on the Waterford home of former Portmore Empire member Romane 'Blak Ryno' Anderson which was perpetrated by unknown persons on Thursday, February 25. "I condemn...
1) DJ Of The Year (Male) (for overall impact as a solo vocal performer in the eligibility year) Vybz Kartel Beenie Man Bounty Killer Eelephant Man Busy Signal Ding Dong Flippa Mafia Kiprich Winner: Vybz Kartel 2) DJ Of The Year (Female) (for overall impact as a solo vocal performer in the eligibility year) Macka Diamond Stacious Tifa Lady Saw Spice Lady G Pampuattae Lisa Hype Winner: Spice 3) Vocalist Of The Year (Male) (for overall impact as a solo vocal performer in the eligibility) Romaine Virgo Jah Cure Tarrus Riley Richie Spice Stevie Face Daville Hezron Winner: Jah Cure 4) Vocalist Of The Year (Female) (for overall impact as a solo vocal performer in the eligibility year)...
Wayne Price was a member Bounty Killer’s entourage traveling to St Kitts for a concert. The group was about to board a flight back to Jamaica on Sunday when the artiste brother was being checked out by a custom agent, who left her phone on the counter. The agent then realized that her phone was missing after Price left the counter. She raised an alarm and airport security checked video surveillance footage and saw Price taking up the phone. When they search him for the device he had already removed the SIM card and battery from the device. Wayne Price appeared in court on Monday, July 06, 2015 where he pleaded guilty to charges of larceny. The Magistrate’s Court judge in St Kitts fined him EC$3,000 which is approximately US$1,111. He...
Singer Alaine Laughton is denying that she had anything to do with clearing the 2007 BMW 530i motor car for which she has been fined by the Jamaica Customs Department. In a release sent out by the Jamaica Customs Department yesterday, it was reported that last year, Alaine imported a damaged 2007 BMW 530i motor car with a declared value of US$8,915.00 FOB (freight on board). The release stated, "The Customs Department subsequently carried out investigations which revealed that the value was understated. As a result, the vehicle was seized and a penalty of three times the duties avoided was imposed, that is JA$1,388,000.00, for breaching Sections 209 and 210 of the Customs Act." It further stated: "Ms Laughton has since paid...
(AP) The Jamaican agency that investigates abuse allegations against the island's security forces says a police officer has been arrested and charged with murder. The Independent Commission of Investigations says Cpl. Selvin Williams was charged Wednesday with killing a man in the southwestern parish of St. Elizabeth in December 2012. At the time, police reported that Williams intervened in a bar fight when farmer Valbert Salmon was killed. The commission says it has evidence to warrant a murder charge. The officer has been granted $2,000 bail. He has to surrender his travel documents and report to a police station during daylight hours. A court hearing is scheduled for January. Earlier this year, the investigative commission levied...
Kevin Lloyd "Squingy" Bennett will be having Four public viewing first will be today December 08, 2009 St. Micheal's Funneral Chapel, 36 Top Road, Brown Stone St. Ann between 9am - 4pm. The second viewing will be held at St. Dacre Community Centre on Wednesday December 09, 2009 from 12noon - 4pm. The body will return to St. Micheal's Funneral Chapel on Thurday December 10 and Friday December 11, 2009 for viewing between 11am - 4pm. Kevin Lloyd "Squingy" Bennett will be laid to rest on Saturday December 12, 2009 at the Steer Town New Testament Church Of God at 1pm. There will be a motorcade in his honor leaving from Squingy home in alexandria St. Ann to the Steer Town New Testament Church Of God Starting at 10am Saturday December...
Jamaican born Kamara James, who represented Team USA at the 2004 Olympic Games in fencing, has passed away at the age of 29. James passed away in Modesto, California. She was born in Kingston, Jamaica, before moving to Queens, New York, at the age of 10. She received a full scholarship to Princeton, where she graduated in 2007. James’ first Olympics was the 2004 Athens Games when she was 19. She won bronze at the Junior World Championships in 2003 and was a member of the Senior National Team since 16.
John Holt died in a London hospital on Sunday. He was 69. The cause of death is yet to be announced. John Holt still stands head and shoulders above the rest as one of Jamaica's sweetest singers and enduring songwriters. He has voiced and penned so many of the country's classics that in a way, Holt has defined the island's sound. Born in the Greenwich Farm area of Kingston, Jamaica, on July 11, 1947, the young Holt took his first steps into the music business via the talent show circuit. Talent shows have always had a massive popularity in Jamaica and the top ones were initially broadcast live on radio and later on television.
Lincoln "Sugar Minott" Barrington Minott, born May 25, 1956, died July 10, 2010 in Jamaica. He was a reggae singer, producer and sound-system owner operator. ReggaeMe send it's condolences out to Sugar Minott family and friends. After working as a selector on the Sound of Silence Keystone sound system, and then his own Gathering of Youthman Promotion system, he began his singing career as part of The African Brothers in 1969, along with Tony Tuff and Derrick Howard. After the group broke up 1974, Sugar Minott then teamed up with the producer Clement "Coxsone" Dodd, as studio apprentice at Dodd's Studio One, working as a singer, guitarist and percussionist, and soon began recording his own singles. After a number of moderately...
Usain Bolt outran serious injury and possibly death yesterday but wrote off his $15.3-million 2009 BMW M3 Coupe on the Vineyard Toll section of Highway 2000 in St Catherine. Usain Bolt sustained only minor injuries to the ball of his feet, caused by thorns when leaving the ill-fated car, was released from the Spanish Town Hospital after some three hours of examination by doctors. He shortly after declared himself in "good" health. Reports are that the two female passengers, who were travelling with Bolt, also escaped major injury.
Busy Signal's one drop rendition of American singer Phil Collins song One More Night, has been raising eyebrows with what some people believe is the use of the word 'Gary' in the song. What do you all think? <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf" width="400" height="35"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf"/> <param name="FlashVars" value="audio=http://www.reggaeme.com/vbtube/upload/mp3/84724510.mp3&autoplay=false"/> </object> Lyrics to One More Night : [Intro:] Let me now (yeah) Gimme another chance baby Gimme another chance girl Another chance Just one bly... [Chorus:] One more night Gimme just...
Dancehall artiste Michael "Risto Benji" Benjamin was shot and killed in Old Harbour, St. Catherine, Monday night. The 36 year old veteran deejay was shot several times by a gunman in an area known as Vietnam. Risto Benji was taken to the Spanish Town hospital where he was pronounced dead.
On Tuesday, June 29th, the original king of the dancehall, King Yellowman, will be performing at the Music Farm in Charleston South Carolina. Yellowman ushered in a new era in reggae music following Bob Marley's death through his uncanny ability for toasting - the reggae equivalent of rapping. Yellowman, like it or not, is also known for his lyrics that toss around the topics of casual violence, sexism, homophobia, and general rudeness. Despite his lyrics being a source of flack and criticism over the years, it is without a doubt one of the greatest reason for his early popularity. Dub Island Sound System and the Dubplates will be opening up the show, so if you're in the mood for an authentic dancehall party, do it up right on the...