Buju Banton says "Bob Marley is not the greatest Jamaican musician"

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

jpap1t.jpg

Recording artiste Buju Banton says that Bob Marley is not the greatest Jamaican musician and that this fixation on the reggae icon has hurt the growth of the music.

Banton respects Marley's music but argued that calling him the greatest logically implies that no better can follow.

"I want Jamaican music to be seen not through the pretext of some man that died 20 years ago, but as a pretext of a living being, working earnestly. If man cannot do what others have done in these times we might as well die," he told a mixed crowd at the launch of Rasta Got Soul, his new album, at the University of the West Indies on Thursday. "You know they say that the greatest musician in Jamaica is Bob Marley. I don't believe that, because we have greater musicians to come. Bob was the most promoted, and well promoted and we have to appreciate that because its our culture but don't kill our culture with one living one. Enough is Enough."

Currently Bob Marley's album Legend continues to top iTunes reggae charts in every major reggae market except Japan, even as Mavado, Banton and Jah Cure released new albums this month. Downloaders in 19 of the 22 listed countries are buying Marley's 1984 album above any other reggae album on iTunes, arguably the Internet's most popular online music store. These online sales will add to the album's sales which have surpassed 20 million. Comparatively, the average reggae album sells some 5,000 units worldwide.

Source: Jamaica Observer

Buju go and sit ur ass down, how the hell you to say that when Bob's album still selling millions and still up top with michael jackson album. Man go wash u nassy ras a river and watch some crab fuck pon some hole top. Rasta need to build them own school cause dem a tek modern day education and twist it and a currupt younger heads.

djswacky,is that all you have to say about Buju?, who from 1990-til now has held his own?. First of all, how much Bob Marley album you own?...''so you have a lot '', how many you bought mother fucker?.You talking bout ''RASTA need to build them own school...'' You are a Dj?,... the next time you do a show, say that pussyclaat!!!!. You can alwayz stay behind your sister laptop and talk shit. Punk ass.

Tony tall go move u mother panty to the left side and suck her form backway, buju is in no comparrison to bob marley pussyole. He is a good artist but haven't sold as much copy as bob did and not big world wide as bob. And for your info a u mother me deh behind and rest u sister laptop on her back while me dick inside her.

so dj-wacky, let me show the world what's in your head.First you say Buju fi go a river and watch crab fuck,'you alone do dat', now you telling me to move my mother panty to the left and suck her?! and on top of that you say bob marley have 'pussyhole?'...you sound like a 1 room boy. you need prayer!!!!!

Buju have a point, Mi seh Bob did his ting and MUCH RESPEK, but deh music have evolve so much since Bob, Right now mi seh Portmore Empire doin deh ting...GaZa Str8...And Busy Holdin tings down for Alliance...Buju up there wit di best of dem...Alot depend on di mood mi in on who mi favorite Artist...

Bless

buju fi go mek peace wid him baby madda wey wah 1/2 a wey him own and low bob marley...di man dun dead and bigger dan him and nah no debt..he needs to be worried if him babymadda ago mek him file fi bankruptcy...low bob

Rasss sharppp u deh ya too........buju need fi siddung inna wa cornerrrr and low di big man...... and swacky u no say u nuh have no rass mannerss how u fi disrespect the big man sooo.eeeh???

dede u kno sharpy is like oygen..present everywey..ahahahahahahaha...woiieeeeeeee...yes me dey yah and me like how rexxy fix up the site..me can go see di section who post new tings dan a surf di whole damn place..alleluia:D