Album Release

Album Release
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Jah Cure’s brand new album The Cure released July 10, 2015 by VP Records debuts at #1 on the U.S. Billboard Reggae Album Chart. He has delivered a “certified classic” and lands this week’s coveted chart position with the annual Soca Gold 2015 compilation nabbing the second spot. In support of his new album, Jah Cure is currently touring Europe until end of August – closing at Spain’s renowned Rototom Festival. U.S. fans can catch him aboard the Welcome To Jamrock Reggae Cruise, leaving twice this year either on November 30 or December 5 from Miami, FL. With his strong vocals and soulful conviction, Jah Cure effortlessly blends street poetry and sufferer’s tales with beautiful love ballads into his new album The Cure. The 13-track set...
VP Records and Scikron are proud to announce the release of I-Octane’s debut album, ‘Crying To The Nation,’ available January 31, 2012. As one of the most-talked about artists emerging from Jamaica, I-Octane’s first full-length LP will reinvigorate the feeling of roots and dancehall at its purest. He has already proven himself as a lyricist with rapid-fire delivery, and unveils his uncanny ability to sing romantic ballads and socially aware tunes on this traditional reggae album. ‘Crying To The Nation’ puts I-Octane in a class of his own as one of the next generation’s leaders of the conscious dancehall movement. Following in a similar vein of his predecessors Sizzla, Capleton and Buju Banton, his lyrics express sentiments of faith...
I Wayne, one of the top conscious roots reggae artists of this generation, is back with Life Teachings, his long-overdue album on VP Records, due October 11. With simplicity and grace, I Wayne’s angelic-tinged vocals flutter effortlessly across these 14 tracks filled with hair-raising lyrics and uncompromising conviction. The intricately-crafted album features organic rhythms rife with rugged basslines and one-drop drumbeats, produced mostly by Patrick Z. Henry, who is responsible for 11 of the album's songs and I-Wayne's breakthrough hit "Can't Satisfy Her." On Life Teachings, I Wayne rejects materialism (“Wise and Fearless”), predicts the imminent downfall of Babylon (“Burn Down Sodom”), rails against the violence associated with...
I-Octane will release his debut album Crying To The Nation on Feb 14, 2012. The 16-track opus is a joint venture deal with reggae powerhouse VP Records and Scikron, which is owned and operated by Robert Livingston, former long-time manager of multi-platinum artist Shaggy. On I-Octane's first full-length LP, he will reinvigorate the feeling of roots and dancehall at its purest. I-Octane has already proven himself as a powerful lyricist and unveils his uncanny ability to sing romantic ballads and socially aware tunes on this traditional reggae album. I-Octane’s “Puff It,” which is featured on Crying To The Nation, is chosen as one of National Public Radio's Top 5 Dancehall Tracks for 2011. NPR's Baz Dreisinger describes I-Octane as...
Gyptian’s new album “Hold You” releases on July 20. It contains 15 tracks and 2 iTunes exclusive tracks. This album introduces the World to the new era of Sexy Reggae Music. The melodic opening coupled with Gyptian’s gentle vocals on “Prelude (To Be Held)” sets the perfect mood to start off the album. Gyptian dedicates this album to ladies across the globe. Included is the up-tempo and romantic track “Beautiful Lady” from his debut album. This song displayed Gyptian’s potential as the Casanova of Reggae Music and it’s fitting that it was added to Hold You. From “Call Gyptian,” “Where You Belong” and “Rendezvous, Hold You delivers classic Lovers Rock and Dancehall tunes. The smash hit that has been dominating airwaves worldwide and...
Hailing from California’s Bay Area, Groundation will unleash their new studio album, entitled Building An Ark, on April 24, 2012 via Dub Rockers/VP/Universal Music. This 10-track set will be the first release off the new imprint Dub Rockers from reggae giant VP Records. The internationally acclaimed band stays true to the essence of their dynamic sound - capturing the true spirit of roots reggae while blending elements of jazz, funk, Latin and transcendental dub. The album’s hypnotic funk-based rhythms move from earthy percussion-based tracks to complex impressionistic dub compositions. This sophisticated selection of genre-bending sounds provides the perfect template for some of their most fiery militant and conscious lyrics to date...
With six albums under his belt and over one million collectively sold in Europe, the German platinum and award-winning singer Gentleman is long overdue for his U.S. debut. Diversity, set for release on Sept 13, 2011 on VP Records, charted at #1 in Germany as well as #2 in Switzerland and Austria and is the follow-up to his Europe platinum-selling record Confidence. Gentleman is currently touring Europe in support of the album and plans to embark on a U.S. tour beginning in mid-October throughout the Midwest and West. Details and dates will be announced shortly. On Diversity, Gentleman stays true to his first musical love - roots reggae - and teams up with top Jamaican recording artists, including reggae lyricist and singer Tanya...
German reggae star Gentleman is set to see the U.S. release of his fifth studio album Diversity with reggae’s premier record label, VP Records, this year. The renowned international star first serves up a digital EP, Changes, which will be released by VP Records on February 22, 2011. The digital EP Changes features three hits from the full-length album, all of which are bonafide smashes ever since hitting the airwaves from Germany to Jamaica. The sizzling singles “Changes” and “Lonely Days” were both produced by Jamaican hit maker Don Corleon, and the electro-dance fusion “To The Top” features Jamaican singer Christopher Martin. Its video has recorded almost five million views since its release on YouTube in July 2010. Placing...
The UK sensation Gappy Ranks new album Put The Stereo On releases August 24. He connects with the legendary Peckings production crew and delivers loads of international reggae flavor. This album blends Gappy’s melodic deejay lyrics with original riddims from Studio One, Treasure Isle and Bunny Lee; creating a retro vibe with a modern edge. Put The Stereo On includes, the hits “Pumpkin Belly”, “Mountain Top” and the breakthrough hit “Heaven In Her Eyes.” Gappy is currently performing shows across the globe and clearing some space on his mantelpiece for the awards and trophies that are sure to come his way. If you love reggae music, you will love Gappy Ranks! TRACK LISTING 1. Mountain Top 2. Heaven In Her Eyes 3. Put The Stereo On 4...
Reggae singer/songwriter sensation Etana returns with her highly anticipated sophomore album Free Expressions in February 2011 from VP Records. Before her new studio effort hits the shelves, VP Records is releasing a digital EP entitled Free, which features three of her current hits that are also included on the album. The digital EP drops on December 7, 2010, to satisfy fans during the wait for the full-length album. Etana deems this second album Free Expressions because she adamantly refuses to be constrained by approach or lyrical content. “This album was produced a little differently from the first, most of the sessions were less planned so there is more of a free vibe,” she reveals. “I just wanted to express myself freely, write...
Dancehall’s top entertainer Elephant Man is back in action, delivering a slew of new hits on his latest studio effort, DANCE & SWEEP! Adventures Of The Energy God, set for release from VP Records on February 15, 2011. The Grammy-nominated “Energy God” brings the fun back to music in classic Elephant Man style with this collection of 14 uptempo party hits (15 on digital version) that are bound to turn up the heat. Elephant Man is the ultimate party starter whose moves on both the microphone and stage have deemed him an international icon. DANCE & SWEEP! Adventures Of The Energy God is packaged with a superhero motif, and its illustrated animated cover and artwork depict him as a hero on an international mission to single-handedly...
Get ready to move your feet and feel the beats, as dancehall artist Elephant Man returns to the scene with his brand new album "Cool Reminder." Known for his vibrant energy and unique dance moves, Elephant Man has been a staple in the dancehall community for over two decades. With this latest release, he proves that he still has what it takes to create groundbreaking music that keeps fans dancing all night long. Born O'Neil Bryan in Kingston, Jamaica, Elephant Man made a name for himself in the early 2000s with hits like "Pon Di River, Pon Di Bank" and "Signal The Plane." His energetic performances and infectious personality soon garnered him international attention, and he quickly became a global ambassador for dancehall music. Now...
Eddie Murphy’s new single “Oh Jah Jah,” released Jan 27, 2015 on VPAL Music (VP Records’ distribution arm), debuts at #4 on the U.S. Billboard Reggae Digital Song Chart. According to Soundscan, Murphy’s new reggae tune charted above genre classics like Shaggy’s “It Wasn’t Me” feat. RikRok and Bob Marley and The Wailers’ “Three Little Birds.” In its first week of release “Oh Jah Jah” also peaked at #1 on iTunes Reggae Single Chart. This song is not the first time Eddie Murphy has dabbled in the genre. “Oh Jah Jah” follows his 2013 collab “Red Light” feat. Snoop Lion. He also teamed up with the legendary Jamaican dancehall artist Shabba Ranks on his 1993 track “I Was A King.” Murphy penned and co-produced “Oh Jah Jah,” which was...
Premiering last week on TVJ's Entertainment Report, the Duss Medley Riddim Video features Vybz Kartel, Popcaan, Maxwell, Jah Vinchi, and Sean Storm. Working and editing studiously to meet the premiere deadline, RoadBlock Films! is excited to have the opportunity to work Vybz Kartel and Popcaan again. This is RoadBlock's third video with Kartel ("Jeans & Fitted" currently has over 1.9 million youtube hits and recently made it onto WorldStarHipHop.com) and second with Popcaan ("Dream" has over 160,000 youtube views). Duss Medley video marks the first official video for rising artist Maxwell. Medley videos give directors opportunities to have multiple concepts seamed together into one. With the Duss Riddim, Director Kirk Lee...
VP Records is set to release singer/songwriter, Duane Stephenson’s sophomore release, BLACK GOLD, on September 28, 2010. The 14-track CD sees Stephenson working with legendary reggae sax player Dean Fraser, who provided the majority of production on BLACK GOLD. Originally the lead singer and songwriter in To-Isis, one of the most recognized vocal groups in Jamaica, Stephenson branched out on his own in 2007 with the his debut CD, AUGUST TOWN. As a songwriter, Stephenson has written for such major reggae artists as Luciano, Morgan Heritage, and Jah Cure’s reggae anthem “True Reflections.” Known for his conscious lyrics and depicting the plight of the world around him, BLACK GOLD encompasses Stephenson’s growth mentally...
Mixpak Records is set to push the boundaries of Jamaica's singles-driven culture, with an expansive concept album that weds Jamaica's reigning Dancehall champion with one of New York's most innovative producers. Over the past six months, Dancehall superstar Vybz Kartel has been in the studio with prized Brooklyn producer Dre Skull, forging a futuristic new sound that Mixpak will unveil in Spring 2011.
Internationally acclaimed Jamaican producer Donovan "Don Corleon" Bennett unleashes his highly anticipated dub album aptly titled Dub In HD, on June 21, 2011, on his very own label, Don Corleon Records. Internationally-known and critically acclaimed for his work with pop stars such as Sean Paul, Rihanna and Keyshia Cole on Billboard chart-topping singles, as well as the who's who in reggae and dancehall today, from Vybz Kartel to J Boog, Bennett is credited with keeping reggae music contemporary and on a competitive edge in the global music industry. Bennett's vested efforts in keeping reggae on the musical forefront brings him full circle to dub, a subgenre of reggae that emerged in the 60's and primarily consists of instrumental...
Vocalist Don Carlos released his long awaited new album Changes in January. The new album contains thirteen great uplifiting tracks including the mainstream radio friendly I Don't Know and the thrill-a-minute Rude Boy and Really and Truly. Carlos, former lead singer with Black Uhuru produced the album with musical director David 'Hodge' Lodge. Don's band members Toho Saunders on bass and Night Sun Snavely on guitar also added licks to the project. The album also contains a number of tracks that Carlos wrote with reflection upon his career, which now has spanned over forty years. Album: Changes (Things in Life) 1.Rude Boy (Go Easy) 2.Really and Truly 3.I Don’t Know 4.I Love Jah Jah 5.Changes (Things In Life) 6.My Life...
Growing up "Dolla Bill" always had his pulse on music. Not in the conventional ways of singing and performing, but rather of bringing it to the airwaves. At a young age his parents brought him to Jamaica where he fell in love with the people, culture, food and music, and made Jamaica his home in his heart! He often says that the first time the beat and rhythm hit his hears, he finally became alive, and the rest was history. "Dolla Bill" was given his nickname for his generosity traveling the world. He needed to find a way to not only help those less fortunate, but to share his blessings with the cultures who opened their arms to a stranger in a strange land. "Dolla Bill" knew that it was time to share the song in his heart, he...
Grammy Award winner Buju Banton and International Reggae artist Delly Ranx have teamed up for Thunder Roll. The Pure Music Production track was recorded while Buju Banton was released on bail and awaiting trial. Since Delly and Buju are close friends it was a natural collaboration and as Delly said it's always nice when friends team up and make a great song. The song being so personal, Delly Ranx decided to give a portion of all proceeds to Buju Banton's commissary and encourages fans and music supporters to join him and give. Thunder Roll will be available on all major digital outlets such as amazon and itunes. It will featured on Delly Ranx's upcoming EP One Away Soldier. On the title track Delly Ranx sings mi nah go be nuh wicked...