News

Current Events
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

(AP) Jamaica's environment minister stated the much-discussed transshipment port is being considered for the Caribbean island's largest protected area. Robert Pickersgill made the disclosure in Beijing, where he is accompanying Jamaica's prime minister for a five-day visit. They are meeting with Chinese political and business leaders. Pickersgill says the Goat Islands in Jamaica's southern protected zone of Portland Bight is "under very serious consideration" as the site for the planned port. He told Jamaican reporters traveling with the delegation that state-owned China Harbor Engineering Co. wants to build it there. In Jamaica, conservationists said Thursday that a transshipment hub would have a devastating impact on the area's...
Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps made it as a first runner-up for the 2010 Miss Universe pageant that happened on the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Veas Nevada. Yendi Phillips, was born in 1985 and is of black and partial Indo-American descent. By reaching the 2nd place in the prestigious beauty pageant, Yendi Phillips has taken Jamaica to the highest placement they’ve ever had in a Miss Universe contest. She was the winner of the Miss Jamaica World beauty pageant contest held in China on December 1, 2007. Yendi Phillips attributes her success to her late mother; her mother died when she was younger. She holds a bachelor’s degree of fine arts with a concentration in dance from the State University of New York at Brockport and a Master’s...
To say 2018 was fruitful for Etana would be an understatement. The singer released her fifth album, Reggae Forever, toured relentlessly and capped the year with a Grammy Award nomination for Best Reggae Album. According to Etana, "It's been a year filled with hard work, determination and triumph." Reggae Forever was released in March by Tad's International Record. It went number one on the Billboard Reggae Album Chart and coincided with her extensive tour of the United States with J Boog and Jesse Royal. Her show, which launched the album in South Florida in July, was particularly successful. It drew a strong crowd of faithful fans to Krave Restaurant and Lounge in Fort Lauderdale, who witnessed a powerful 90-minute performance...
The older brother of Jamaican Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller was held up, beaten and stabbed at his business early Thursday morning, May 2 2013. Vincent Simpson, who is 71 years old, is the managing director of Simpson's Dollar Saver clothing and dry goods store in the heart of volatile downtown Kingston. He was attacked shortly after he showed up to open the store around 4 a.m. Police stated that the robbers took about J$30,000 (US$310), a television set, a pistol and other items from Simpson. Vincent Simpson was taken to the hospital and is expected to be ok. No suspects have been identified by the police.
ReggaeMe - What are the chances of a born and bred Midwestern female from a midwestern family becoming a reggae dancehall deejay? Pretty slim! But the story of Zerby is nothing short of sensational. With a lot of guts, determination and talent, she defied the odds and has proven that she can DJ just as well as a Jamaican yardie. After nine months in the studio and as a follow up to her first CD, Zerby shows off her musical wares with her latest CD release "Ready Now" released on her own moniker Hotness Records January 12, 2010. An eclectic conglomeration of 18 dance hall reggae, rap, electronic and funk tunes, this CD has something for many music fans. "Ready Now" is available at CD Baby - http://www.cdbaby.com/Zerby1...
Vybz Kartel send out a Blackberry Statement about the discussion over his hair style after his new look got picked up by international gossip site, mediatakeout.com. Vybz Kartel had this to say; Vybz Kartel - Never Love Another
Jay Z Shenelle Scott Now can reveal that the fiercely private rapper – who’s worth an estimated $400 million – reportedly has a secret 7-year-old son who he’s amazingly managed to hide from the limelight all this time. The boy apparently bears a striking resemblance to his father and is the result of Jay-Z’s romance with Trinidadian model Shenelle Scott which ended in 2001, before he met Beyoncé. Jay-Z has gone to great lengths to distance himself from the claims, despite reports that he’s privately admitted paternity. Beyoncé, whom he married in April 2008, is now apparently accepting of the boy and is even said to have gone on holiday with her stepson in the South of France. Although Jay-Z’s spokesman denied that there...
ReggaeMe.com have learned that Lisa Hype was expelled from the Portmore Empire Famlily better know as Gaza. A statement was issued earlier from Vybez Kartel. RAINE INC. Lisa Hype is no longer a part of the Portmore Empire. The members of the Empire have unanimously agreed to end our professional relationship, especially in light of certain ‘developments’ that have come to our attention regarding her overall conduct, conduct that is not consistent with the decorum expected of a member of the Portmore Empire. She is an incredible artiste and we wish for her all the best in her future endeavours, but Lisa Hype will not play a future role in the Empire as she no longer fits in with our organisational goals as we move forward...
Shenseea won the award for Best Reggae Act at this year's MOBO Awards for 2021. For the first time in the history of the MOBO Awards a woman won the Best Reggae Act category. The other nominees were Lila Iké, Spice, Popcaan, Sean Paul & Skillibeng.
Winston "Wee Pow" Powell of Internationally Renowned Stone Love Inks Deal with 21st Hapilos Digital U.S.A, JA (21stHapilos News) - Undoubtedly one of Jamaica's most popular sound systems, Stone Love has long ago revolutionized their craft by branching out from playing the hits to creating the hits. Headed by the esteemed Winston "Wee Pow" Powell, internationally renowned Stone Love has leaped to the digital era by inking a deal with Digital distributor giants 21stHapilos Digital. 21st Hapilos Digital has revolutionized the entertainment industry through online distribution, and delivered the hottest hits from the biggest and upcoming artists and producers alike in dancehall and reggae music. Signing Father Weepow - Stone Love is only...
This is the black couple who have amazed medical experts after their baby daughter was born with white skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. Benjamin and Angela Ihegboro's daughter, Nmachi, has flummoxed genetic experts who are unable to explain why she looks they way she does. Doctors say the white-skinned newborn is not an albino. The blonde, blue-eyed girl's Nigerian parents say they don't know of any white ancestry in either of their families. Doctors say baby Nmachi Ihegboro is not an albino and attribute her appearance to an unknown genetic mutation. Nmachi, whose name means "Beauty of God" in the Nigerian couple's homeland, has confused genetics experts because neither of her parents has any mixed-race family history. Source...
ReggaeMe.com have learn't that Lisa Hype have issued a statement reguarding being fired. She have also change her name to Lisa Hyper. Lisa Hyper Statement: I’ve just been released from my contract with the Portmore Empire but even though I am no longer the first lady of the Gaza, mi still ah say Gaza. Death before dishonour. Mi nuh haffi be a part of the Empire fi still say Gaza. Gaza means fight for what you believe in and never give up…never say die. In every set back, there is an opportunity fi grow and right now, mi not going to stop, ah persistence mi say…all mi name change, my new name is Lisa Hyper. As a solo artist, mi can explore new directions, new challenges, and new freedoms, mi ah go mek it. I want to thank...
Garfield Anthony Sibbles, son of popular reggae singer Leroy Sibbles, was yesterday given a six-and-a-half-year sentence for killing a child that had been left in his care. Justice Bruce Durno sentenced Garfield Anthony Sibblies, 40, of Brampton, yesterday. But since Sibblies has spent the equivalent of almost six years in custody – based on the usual two-for-one credit inmates receive for pre-trial incarceration – he could be released after serving two-thirds of the remaining six months in a provincial jail. Sibblies pleaded guilty Nov. 28 to manslaughter in the March 22, 2006, death of baby Elijah, who was six days short of his first birthday. An autopsy revealed the boy had 38 injuries but could not determine a single cause...
The school kids in Kingston are showing there allegiance to both the Gully the Gaza Empire... recent reports have indicated that they tagged themselves with labels such as "Gaza Muma" .."First Ladies of Gaza" ..'Mavado' and Kartel .. the kids said that its a way to protect themselves from bullies.... police have already intervened and warned the students ..to be careful or else.. But dem pickney very much into these things than then books... I hear some likkle tiny tots can sing the whole raw version of 'Rampin Shop'... .. I think we need to know god.. LOL What is this fight over the crumbs for Mavado I'm So Special... success ..Dave Kelly a carry TJ a court to claim what he says is his royalties over the "Unfinished Business...
Mexico got its first victory in CONCACAF's final round of World Cup qualifying Tuesday night, beating Jamaica 1-0 on Aldo de Nigris' goal. The Mexicans team had drawn all three previous games, but the win lifted them atop the six-team group while having played one more game than four other teams, including the United States. Jamaica slipped to 0-2-2 and is last in qualifying. The top three teams advance to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, while the fourth-place team faces a playoff with New Zealand.
01. Nuh linga - elephant man 02 back it up - mr. Evil & sean paul 03. Plaaying games - serani 04. Gimme likkle - beenie man 05.sweep - elephant man 06. Mus come a road - mr. Vegas 07. Overcome - mavado 08. Winner - konshens 09. Sort dem out - demarco 10. I am not afarid - etana 11. Another bill again - tony rebel 12. Love created i (marcus teaching) - tarrus riley 13. Just as i am - l.u.s.t. 14. Love you like that - beres hammond 15. Broken melody - tesanne chin 16. Ride or die - ce'cile 17. Tic toc - busy signal
After daring to make a difference earlier this year, Jamaican superstar Shaggy and his group of friends are back with even bigger dreams for their second charity concert to be held on January 2 at Jamaica House. Shaggy and his team, sponsors, employees of Bustamante Hospital for Children, as well as King of the Dancehall Beenie Man, were all out front for the hospital’s conference room for the launch of ‘Shaggy and Friends I Dare You 2010′. A smiling Shaggy, real name Orville Burrell, made an early appearance to greet his now extended family for the concert that last year raised J$27 million, which was used to buy much-needed equipment for the Bustamante hospital. According to Shaggy, mastermind behind the event, the concert is...
Dancehall singjay I-Octane issued a challenge for his new song “Mine Yuh” for big money prize of US$1500. The challenge is to create a dance video to the song and post it to Instagram tagging I-Octane in the post. The contestant with the most likes will receive the prize money and according to Octane, a brand new air conditioner as well. The track which was produced by Zj Dymond and Dinesty King is now trending on Audiomack. It seems the challenge has boosted the popularity of this single. Go ahead and try out the #MineYuhChallenge. Don’t forget to tag @realioctane.
Koffee made history on Sunday January 26, 2020 when she became the first woman and youngest artist ever to take home a victory in the best reggae category and the Grammy Awards.
Dancehall artiste Assassin is certainly more mature and has even developed into 'Agent Sasco'. The artiste, whose real name is Jeffrey Campbell, said Agent Sasco is a "more spiritually aware, socially conscious" version of himself. Assassin said he started the Agent Sasco movement with songs like Same Thing Again and Give Thanks. His other straight dancehall songs like Pree Dis and Almighty Protect Me, he said, he will leave to the interpretation of his listeners. While the Agent Sasco persona will release more socially aware songs, Assassin said it is not an alter ego. "It may be similar but not entirely an alter ego 'cause that is usually outside your normal character. This has always been a part of my work, I'm just...