Album Release

Album Release
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Growing up "Dolla Bill" always had his pulse on music. Not in the conventional ways of singing and performing, but rather of bringing it to the airwaves. At a young age his parents brought him to Jamaica where he fell in love with the people, culture, food and music, and made Jamaica his home in his heart! He often says that the first time the beat and rhythm hit his hears, he finally became alive, and the rest was history. "Dolla Bill" was given his nickname for his generosity traveling the world. He needed to find a way to not only help those less fortunate, but to share his blessings with the cultures who opened their arms to a stranger in a strange land. "Dolla Bill" knew that it was time to share the song in his heart, he...
Third World Music Group and VP Records recently joined forces to distribute Third World's 23rd album, Patriots. The new album is set to hit stores on April 5, 2011. With Patriots, Third World Music Group has teamed up with VP Records' global distribution network. The pairing adds to the growing repertoire of major releases through the newly formed VP Associated Labels Group (VPAL), which includes digital and physical distribution as well as marketing services through VP Record's label services. The 13-track album, which was executive produced by Third World Music Group and co-produced by Dean Pond, features songs such as "Front Door" (featuring the late, great Gregory Isaacs), "You Made Me So Very Happy" (a cover of Alton Ellis'...
Here's the tracklist to Shenseea's debut album "ALPHA!" Out March 11th. TRACKLIST:⁠ 1. Target feat. Tyga⁠ 2. Can’t Anymore⁠ 3. Deserve It⁠ 4. R U That feat. 21 Savage⁠ 5. Lick feat. Megan Thee Stallion⁠ 6. Bouncy feat. Offset⁠ 7. Henkel Glue feat. Beenie Man⁠ 8. Lying If I Call It Love feat. Sean Paul⁠ 9. Hangover⁠ 10. Body Count⁠ 11. Egoccentric⁠ 12. Shen Ex Anthem⁠ 13. Sun Comes Up⁠ 14. Blessed feat. Tyga⁠ ⁠
Best known for his award-winning, work with Shaggy and once dubbed by the legendary James Brown as the “reggae Usher” Barbados born/Brooklyn raised Rayvon who gave us memorable hooks on hit songs “Angel” and “In the Summertime” has released his self-titled solo album Rayvon featuring production from Jah Snowcone, Ali Cat & Carl “Beaver” Henderson who is credited with the blazing new single “Back It Up” which was recently performed (March 8th) at a live taping on The Mo'Nique Show. The album is now on sale on Itunes Rayvon Tracklist: 01 - Intro - Skit Rayvon 02 - Back It Up Rayvon 03 - You Look Good (feat. C.L. Kash) 04 - One n Only (feat. Kobra Kahn & Beverly Marquis) 05 - Hustly and Flow (feat. Jah Snowcone) 06 -...
VP Records is set to release the 20th edition of the best-selling annual reggae compilation Reggae Gold. The June 26th release of Reggae Gold 2012 will mark this achievement with a two disc set offering double the hits. The deluxe package includes a commemorative sticker and 15” x 10” fold out poster of the this year’s Reggae Gold cover girls. The compilation’s first disc carries on the Reggae Gold tradition with the year’s most popular reggae hits. Highlights include Sean Paul’s latest single “She Doesn’t Mind,” Jamaica’s hottest newcomer Popcaan’s “Only Man She Want“ and 4 newly commissioned exclusive songs including Busy Signal's “Kingston Town (Remix)” featuring Damian ‘Jr. Gong’ Marley, Tarrus Riley's "Not Missing You," Etana's...
With his debut album on the horizon, MasSicker has teamed up with the upcoming reggae/pop sensation Jemere Morgan on his remix of "Come Right Back" originally released on Seanizzle's Split Personality rhythm "It was a natural thing" says Mas. "From mi link with Jemere he made it clear that he's a big time fan of the sounds, "Come Right Back" in particular, and I've also been following his thing and feeling his tune particularly "Paradise" over Delly Ranx's Turnpike Riddim and "Sunshine Glow". Since we both walk that line of Reggae/R&B favor it was a combination that just made perfect sense" With so much drama in the dancehall as of late, it is amazing that this young artiste has managed to stay so quietly focused on his craft...
Barbadian born singer/songwriter Nyron debuts his music to the world with his EP on July 31, 2012. Determined to give the world a sample of his sounds, the EP contains three tracks spanning three genres, and will be available digitally worldwide with distribution from FOX FUSE. A Barbadian breeding led to a diverse musical portfolio for this budding artist, who harbors strong backgrounds in the R&B, pop and soca genres. With the goal of giving fans a solid introduction to his versatility, each song on the EP explores a different genre, and presents an artist without boundaries. "My music speaks to life's emotions," reveals Nyron. "When I write and record my music, I must be able to take the listener on a journey. Music is the...
VP Records is set to release singer/songwriter, Duane Stephenson’s sophomore release, BLACK GOLD, on September 28, 2010. The 14-track CD sees Stephenson working with legendary reggae sax player Dean Fraser, who provided the majority of production on BLACK GOLD. Originally the lead singer and songwriter in To-Isis, one of the most recognized vocal groups in Jamaica, Stephenson branched out on his own in 2007 with the his debut CD, AUGUST TOWN. As a songwriter, Stephenson has written for such major reggae artists as Luciano, Morgan Heritage, and Jah Cure’s reggae anthem “True Reflections.” Known for his conscious lyrics and depicting the plight of the world around him, BLACK GOLD encompasses Stephenson’s growth mentally...
Life is a tightrope, a balance between good and evil, positive and negative, one cannot exist without the other, and as music is the soundtrack of our lives, those sentiments are echoed on the "Tightrope Riddim" EP. Produced by Christopher "Chris Lion" Mattis for Conquering Lion Records and written and composed by Devon Bradshaw , Ian Coleman and Christopher Mattis, the EP features the melodious sounds of international reggae star Capleton with "Paradise", Chezidek "Seed Of Life", Lutan Fyah "Come Away", Fantan Mojah "Stay Far", and second generation reggae royalty Garnet Silk Jr with "All I Desire". Speaking on this musical project, producer Chris Lion explained "Well tightrope was inspired by my journey towards music production. I...
Platinum Camp Records in association with Twin of Twins (Kingston13) and Black Roses Entertainment have collaborated to present a never done before in the history of the Caribbean deal, the release of Stir It Up Series Vol 9. It is set to be release in an animated (cartoon) format, followed by the production and development of a thirty minutes animated sitcom for television based on the characters made famous by the Twins. C.E.O of Platinum Camp, Daddy Bigg Stated Twin of Twins manager Henry k. stated,
While it remains to be seen if his long delayed trial will actually kick off this month as planned, what seems far more certain is that Jamaican Reggae & Dancehall superstar, Buju Banton, is set to release a brand new album through his very own Gargamel Music imprint, 'Before The Dawn'. The timing of the album is somewhat interesting as it also coincides with his trial in America on drug charges and it also happens to come just a year after releasing the very well received 'Rasta Got Soul' album. The still incarcerated artist reportedly was very involved in the compiling of the tracks that make up this album which were all, obviously, voiced prior to his legal woes. Still, by checking in at just ten songs in full and being just a...
T.I has announced the release date of his eighth studio album Trouble Man and its December 18th, a perfect New Year gift for his fans. T.I has been working hard ever since he came out of prison last year after a nine-month prison term on gun charges. T.I arrived at BET’s 106 & Park to speak on his BET Hip-Hop Awards nomination and he let this information drop during the conversation. T.I has DJ Toomp, Pharrell Williams, Andre 3000, and Cee Lo Green appearing on the album. T.I also hinted that this could be his last rap album; he believes rap is not what it used to be.
The legendary 5-piece reggae group Morgan Heritage release their brand new digital EP The Return on September 25. After various solo projects, Morgan Heritage is also preparing for their first new studio album in four years, slated to drop at the top of 2013. The 4-song EP, produced by Shane Brown, gives fans a taste of whats to come and is on the heels of the group's massively successful Europe tour spanning Holland, Sweden, France, Italy, England Belgium, Spain and Poland. The band rocked major stage shows including The Garance Reggae festival to over 50,000 fans in the south of France and Indigo2 at London's famed O2 arena during the 2012 Olympic Games. Incorporating live footage from the tour and on the road, Morgan Heritage...
Jamaican reggae dancehall artist Daniel “Chino” McGregor sees the release of his debut album, Chino, on May 24, 2011 on the VP Records imprint. The highly-anticipated studio effort from one of reggae’s dynasties, Chino being the son of reggae icon Freddie McGregor and brother of acclaimed producer Stephen “Di Genius” McGregor, composes a new formula in reggae and dancehall music. A fusion of reggae, dancehall, pop, alternative rock, world and other global influences connect for 15 tracks of potential classics for the budding star. With Stephen McGregor at the helm of production for the entire album recorded at their family-owned Big Ship studio, Chino houses already popular anthems such as “From Mawnin’ (Never Change),” “Pon Your...
On August 27, 2013, 17 North Parade unlocked its vaults once again to unveil The Mighty Diamonds’ 2CD/DVD Reggae Anthology Pass The Knowledge. In support of the album, the band will tour Europe in October and then head to the United States. See European dates below and the U.S. portion of the tour will be announced shortly. The remarkable 39-track selection from the legendary Jamaican harmony trio features their most essential hits (some of which are available on CD for the very first time) plus four previously unreleased dubplate exclusives. As an added bonus, the collection includes a 25-minute DVD of The Mighty Diamonds lighting up the crowd at the annual Reggae Sun splash concert in 1989. Disc One begins with their early...
Jah Cure’s brand new album The Cure released July 10, 2015 by VP Records debuts at #1 on the U.S. Billboard Reggae Album Chart. He has delivered a “certified classic” and lands this week’s coveted chart position with the annual Soca Gold 2015 compilation nabbing the second spot. In support of his new album, Jah Cure is currently touring Europe until end of August – closing at Spain’s renowned Rototom Festival. U.S. fans can catch him aboard the Welcome To Jamrock Reggae Cruise, leaving twice this year either on November 30 or December 5 from Miami, FL. With his strong vocals and soulful conviction, Jah Cure effortlessly blends street poetry and sufferer’s tales with beautiful love ballads into his new album The Cure. The 13-track set...
Built on his musical ability and production expertise, Alborosie’s reggae is a unique blend of vintage sounds built with old and new technology and great songwriting. Most tracks feature him playing multiple instruments and were recorded at his own Shengen Clan Studio in Kingston, Jamaica. With songs like “Stepping Out” feat. David Hinds of Steel Pulse, “Money” feat. Horace Andy, “Guess Who’s Coming” feat. Black Uhuru and “I Can’t Stand it” feat Dennis Brown, Alborosie puts his modern day spin on these iconic hits while featuring the original artist. He also recreates Bob Marley classics including “Burnin and Lootin” and “Natural Mystic” alongside the reggae legend’s son and recording artist Ky-Mani Marley. On his new original...
Alberto “Alborosie” D’Ascola is back with 2 Times Revolution, a brand-new collection of hits from the Italian-born, Jamaican-based multi-faceted musician, scheduled for release from VP Records on June 21, 2011. Using music to express his rebel within, Alborosie serves up 16 tracks composed with his favored socially conscious lyrics and delivered in his trademark Jamaican-tinged vocals. 2 Times Revolution profiles Alborosie in a lyrical battle with music as his ministry. “I love myself and I respect myself,” he reveals. “I also love people and I respect them too. That is the root of my message and so that is what I push in my music all the while.” Beyond the realm of being a talented singer and songwriter, Alborosie also plays most of...
Easy To Love is a fine representation of lovers’ rock, an effortless blend of reggae, R&B and dance hall with universal appeal. The sophistication he brings to these tracks is the mark of true quality. His delivery and phrasing are impeccable, and his choice of material and collaborators are strategic and brilliant. The title track was a No. 1 hit on reggae charts last summer, evidence that Maxi Priest has a gift for staying fresh. The song features the legendary Jamaican drum and bass duo Sly & Robbie, who’ve played on some of Maxi’s biggest hits, including “Wild World,” “Some Guys Have All The Luck,” “Close To You,” and “Housecall” (featuring Shabba Ranks) as well as the new album track “Every Little Thing.” WATCH “Easy To Love”...
Photo Credit: Niculai Constantinescu Known for his ability to connect with a generation that have been labeled as defiant, move to their own beat and risk-takers, Jahmiel has been labeled the 'Voice of the Youth". His delivery, which is usually positive, uplifting and motivational, gives the youths a vision and a sense of hope. In addition to his positive messages, his lyrical flow on uptempo 'modern day rhythms' allows his message to resonate with a younger generation on a global scale. In his newly released single, titled 'Better Tomorrow' produced by Lee Milla Productions, Jahmiel shares the sentiments so many can relate to about having those bad days and not feeling like yourself, yet giving the powerful instruction that we must...