Album Release

Album Release
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Now celebrating its 40th anniversary, The Harder They Come has inspired countless reggae music love-ins on college campuses and among Jamaicans around the world. Now the iconic movie can add a dancehall rhythm to its list of tributes, as One Jam Music releases Bounty Killer's blazing Harder -- a devastating response to all his challengers, and the teaser to One Jam's latest production, the Harder Than Hard album slated for release in early 2014. Harder Than Hard is the brainchild and labor of love of One Jam Music, a boutique reggae music label. The project was inspired by the classic 1972 Jimmy Cliff film written and directed by Perry Henzell and co-written by Trevor D. Rhone. Considered a cult classic, The Harder They Come was the...
The new album from veteran reggae act Midnite titled Treasure is set to hit stores on January 25, 2011. Armed with a firm foundation in Jah Rastafari and a strong, uncompromising musical vision, Midnite champions a sound that is on the cutting edge of modern roots music. The newly recorded studio album features the outstanding talents of brothers Vaughn Benjamin (lead vocal) and Ron Benjamin (bass & production), who have guided the sound and recording career of this distinctive unit since 1997. Midnite's live performances, which often exceed three hours, have won them a legion of fans among the reggae community worldwide. With Treasure, Midnite has teamed up for the first time with VP Records' global distribution network. The...
I-Octane will release his debut album Crying To The Nation on Feb 14, 2012. The 16-track opus is a joint venture deal with reggae powerhouse VP Records and Scikron, which is owned and operated by Robert Livingston, former long-time manager of multi-platinum artist Shaggy. On I-Octane's first full-length LP, he will reinvigorate the feeling of roots and dancehall at its purest. I-Octane has already proven himself as a powerful lyricist and unveils his uncanny ability to sing romantic ballads and socially aware tunes on this traditional reggae album. I-Octane’s “Puff It,” which is featured on Crying To The Nation, is chosen as one of National Public Radio's Top 5 Dancehall Tracks for 2011. NPR's Baz Dreisinger describes I-Octane as...
VP Records released the newest installment of their Reggae Gold series on June 22nd, 2010. The compilation is Reggae’s most highly-anticipated release of the year. It Features 18 exceptional tracks, in a detailed sequence and represents the Reggae Hits for Summer 2010. Reggae Gold 2010 compilation features a varied assortment of significant reggae artists and hits. Gyptian’s chart topping single “Hold You” sets the pace for this outstanding album. Keeping the vibe going is the feel good, Reggae Fusion track “Holiday” from Ding Dong featuring Chevaughn Clayton which is buzzing in dances from Jamaica to the U.S. We couldn’t leave out the track that has been making it difficult for us all to find a pair of Clarks. The Gaza General Vybz...
Dancehall newcomer Daniel “Chino” McGregor debuts his music to the masses with his Digital EP From Mawning, released by VP Records on January 18, 2011. The four-track digital EP contains hits that have made Chino a household name in Jamaica for years and is a prelude to his upcoming debut album, also from VP Records. With singles such as title track “From Mawning” (“Never Change”) to “Protected,” a collaboration with his brother, acclaimed producer Stephen “Di Genius” McGregor, Chino’s melodic style of deejaying and versatility makes for guaranteed hits. Stephen McGregor also steers the helm of this digital EP as producer of all its tracks. Along with the release of the digital EP, Chino is gearing up for a U.S. promo run to...
On July 6 VP Records releases the newest album from the “King of Fire” Capleton. The legend and career of Clifton Bailey aka Capleton is like no other. Having emerged at the peak of ‘90s dancehall, Capleton reinvented himself as the leading voice of ‘conscious dancehall’ embracing the spirit of Rastafari and the riddims of contemporary dancehall. Capleton’s influence on the music and culture has been significant. He has scored hits in every commercial facet of reggae (hiphop crossover, dancehall & roots). He is unique for having created successful albums at both Def Jam (95-98) and VP Records, including the classic ‘More Fire’ from 2000. I-ternal Fire presents Capleton as he enters a new phase in his career; an elder statesmen of...
On Jan 24, 17 North Parade will release Live At The Turntable Club for the first time on CD. The original 1974 release, presented and produced by Niney The Observer, was the first live album recorded in Jamaica that gave the rest of the world aural access to Kingston's lively music scene during a definitive era in reggae. With electrifying live performances from Dennis Brown, Delroy Wilson, Big Youth and backing band Soul Syndicate, Live At The Turntable Club is a vibrant snap shot of the key players who paved the way for the roots genre. Reggae's most accomplished recording engineers - King Tubby, Errol Thompson and Dennis Thompson - along with Niney and these legendary artists were at the peak of their musical careers when they...
Reggae artiste Protoje releases his long-awaited debut album "Seven Year Itch" on Don Corleon Records, January 25, 2011. The album comes after the success of several already released singles which included on the album, including hit "J.A." and lead single, "Rasta Love" featuring Ky-Mani Marley. Seven Year Itch arrives to an anxious crowd who has come to know Protoje from his intimate performances in Jamaica's live music scene, to his phenomenal performances on the prestigious stages of Caribbean Fashion Week and Reggae Sumfest. Protoje has passed on opportunities to put his voice to many mainstream riddims, instead remaining focused on the art itself, perfecting his performance and writing the songs on "Seven Year Itch." The...
Reggae culture sensation Richie Spice is back with a brand new collection of signature hits on his new album Book Of Job, in stores and online on March 15, 2011. This, his fifth studio effort, is packed with 12 tracks of socially conscious roots reggae tunes that have made the entertainer an international staple for reggae lovers worldwide. Spice chose Book of Job as the title because of his commitment to creating uplifting music, which is as unwavering as Job’s faith was while enduring his many hardships. “A whole heap of things reach Job, he lose wealth, he lose him family, him lose everything, but because he was praising God, he regain,” Spice explains. “It’s the same thing with the music - it is righteousness me declare to the...
The Best of Ernie Smith releases July 13. Glenroy ‘Ernie’ Smith is a national hero in Jamaica. His constant presence on radio and stage during the 1960s & 70s placed this folk influenced, pop singer & songwriter at the top of the national charts and above the rising tide of reggae music and Jamaica’s other musical hero – Bob Marley. The combination of Federal Records; the islands most advanced recording facility and Ernie Smith; its most popular recording artist, placed these productions at the top of the Jamaican music industry during the era and earned international acclaim for many. Ernie Smith wrote hits for himself and others, including Johnny Nash’s “Tears On My Pillow” which, appears here with its original title ‘I Can’t Take...
Vocalist Don Carlos released his long awaited new album Changes in January. The new album contains thirteen great uplifiting tracks including the mainstream radio friendly I Don't Know and the thrill-a-minute Rude Boy and Really and Truly. Carlos, former lead singer with Black Uhuru produced the album with musical director David 'Hodge' Lodge. Don's band members Toho Saunders on bass and Night Sun Snavely on guitar also added licks to the project. The album also contains a number of tracks that Carlos wrote with reflection upon his career, which now has spanned over forty years. Album: Changes (Things in Life) 1.Rude Boy (Go Easy) 2.Really and Truly 3.I Don’t Know 4.I Love Jah Jah 5.Changes (Things In Life) 6.My Life...
Gyptian’s new album “Hold You” releases on July 20. It contains 15 tracks and 2 iTunes exclusive tracks. This album introduces the World to the new era of Sexy Reggae Music. The melodic opening coupled with Gyptian’s gentle vocals on “Prelude (To Be Held)” sets the perfect mood to start off the album. Gyptian dedicates this album to ladies across the globe. Included is the up-tempo and romantic track “Beautiful Lady” from his debut album. This song displayed Gyptian’s potential as the Casanova of Reggae Music and it’s fitting that it was added to Hold You. From “Call Gyptian,” “Where You Belong” and “Rendezvous, Hold You delivers classic Lovers Rock and Dancehall tunes. The smash hit that has been dominating airwaves worldwide and...
German reggae star Gentleman is set to see the U.S. release of his fifth studio album Diversity with reggae’s premier record label, VP Records, this year. The renowned international star first serves up a digital EP, Changes, which will be released by VP Records on February 22, 2011. The digital EP Changes features three hits from the full-length album, all of which are bonafide smashes ever since hitting the airwaves from Germany to Jamaica. The sizzling singles “Changes” and “Lonely Days” were both produced by Jamaican hit maker Don Corleon, and the electro-dance fusion “To The Top” features Jamaican singer Christopher Martin. Its video has recorded almost five million views since its release on YouTube in July 2010. Placing...
Rick Ross plans to capitalize on his current popularity by releasing two albums this year. The first, God Forgives, I Don’t still doesn’t have a release date, but his pal DJ Khaled tells XXL that he was just “putting the finishing touches on it” a few days ago. The second album, also in progress, is currently untitled.
Better known for his sharp-spitting rhymes on hardcore dancehall hits like “Tic Toc” (remixed by M.I.A. and Rye Rye) and “Wine Pon De Edge,” Busy Signal emerges as a charismatic roots reggae artist on his forthcoming album Reggae Music Again, out April 24th on VP Records. A stark departure from the sequenced beats that dominated Busy’s three previous albums, the intricate, multi-layered one-drop rhythms heard on Reggae Music Again were created by some of Jamaica’s most acclaimed musicians (Robbie Lyn, Dean Fraser, Kirk Bennett), and recorded live at Kingston’s legendary Tuff Gong studios. Each of the album’s 14 tracks celebrates the uplifting spirit and tightly woven grooves that epitomize Jamaica’s signature rhythm. “Modern Day...
Hailing from California’s Bay Area, Groundation will unleash their new studio album, entitled Building An Ark, on April 24, 2012 via Dub Rockers/VP/Universal Music. This 10-track set will be the first release off the new imprint Dub Rockers from reggae giant VP Records. The internationally acclaimed band stays true to the essence of their dynamic sound - capturing the true spirit of roots reggae while blending elements of jazz, funk, Latin and transcendental dub. The album’s hypnotic funk-based rhythms move from earthy percussion-based tracks to complex impressionistic dub compositions. This sophisticated selection of genre-bending sounds provides the perfect template for some of their most fiery militant and conscious lyrics to date...
15 years deep, 9 albums strong, the Grammy-winning dancehall pioneer Lady Saw will release her first album My Way on September 7, 2010 with Toasting Music/Diva Records, distributed by Fontana/Universal. My Way follows the 2007 release Walk Out, her final album on the reggae label VP Records. Her upcoming collection, featuring collaborations with rapper Eve and Ding Dong as well as production by Lady Saw along with Tony 'CD' Kelly, Lloyd 'John John' James, Danny Browne and Stephen McGregor, opens a new chapter for Saw and her latest enterprise Divas Records productions. Born Marion Hall, Lady Saw remains true to her sexually-empowering, cheeky lyricism on My Way. Whether it's liberating anthems like "Every Way Mi Go" and "Party Til...
The new album from Luciano releases August 3rd. Luciano is a cornerstone of contemporary reggae; his singing, writing and unique image have made a worldwide impact and afforded him a successful recording and touring career. His latest studio album; United States of Africa presents an informed outlook on world politics and everyday issues with a strong foundation of reggae. Produced by Frenchie for Maximum Sounds, the album includes vintage ‘riddim’ tracks and strong ballads and a range of one drop productions featuring some of Jamaica’s top musical talents (Sly & Robbie, Dean Fraser, Lenky, Robbie Lynn and Mafia & Fluxy). Plus three songs from top writer Duane Stephenson. TRACK LISTING 1. United States of Africa 2. Footstool 3. In...
Due to the overwhelming response from fans and industry alike, Busy Signal's benchmark album Reggae Music Again will be available digitally and in stores throughout the Caribbean on April 10. The U.S. in-store release date remains on April 24. This forthcoming album on VP Records shows the dancehall artist in a new light as he pays homage to his roots with a full set of traditional reggae songs. Better known for his sharp-spitting rhymes on hardcore dancehall hits like "Tic Toc" (remixed by M.I.A. and Rye Rye) and "Wine Pon De Edge," Busy Signal emerges as a charismatic roots reggae artist. The intricate, multi-layered one-drop rhythms heard on Reggae Music Again werecreated by some of Jamaica's most acclaimed musicians (Kirk...
Rocksteady Legends The Tennors are pleased to announce the release of Jamaica 50. The single’s release comes almost four months before Jamaica’s independence. “Music can take a long time to circle the globe. We wanted to make sure that Jamaica 50 wouldn’t be a song that is played for a week at independence, but that it instead got a chance to seep into the hearts and minds of the people”, said founding member George Murphy aka Clive Tennors. The Tennors are best known for their smash hits Pressure and Slide, Cleopatra and Ride Yuh Donkey. The trio recently reunited after a 35 year hiatus. Along with Murphy, the group includes original member Ronnie Davis (who was also a member of The Itals) and new member Henry “Sadiki” Buckley, Jr...