Busy Signal Album Reggae Music Again Released

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Busy_RMA_april10-final.jpg
Due to the overwhelming response from fans and industry alike, Busy Signal's benchmark album Reggae Music Again will be available digitally and in stores throughout the Caribbean on April 10. The U.S. in-store release date remains on April 24. This forthcoming album on VP Records shows the dancehall artist in a new light as he pays homage to his roots with a full set of traditional reggae songs.

Better known for his sharp-spitting rhymes on hardcore dancehall hits like "Tic Toc" (remixed by M.I.A. and Rye Rye) and "Wine Pon De Edge," Busy Signal emerges as a charismatic roots reggae artist. The intricate, multi-layered one-drop rhythms heard on Reggae Music Again werecreated by some of Jamaica's most acclaimed musicians (Kirk Bennette, Aeion Hoilette, Lamont Savory, Kevon Webster, Robbie Lyn and Dean Fraser), and recorded live at Kingston's legendary Tuff Gong studios.

Even though this is a stark departure from the sequenced beats that have dominated most of Busy's previous material, it is not the first time fans will embrace his singing. In 2011, Busy covered the classic country song "The Gambler," originally sung by Kenny Rogers for the Reggae's Gone Country compilation, and his ballad-like renditions of the 1985 Commodores' hit "Night Shift" and Phil Collin's "One More Night" off his last album D.O.B. were well-received and showed his versatility as an artist. All these songs were catalysts and motivation for his traditional approach heard on Reggae Music Again.

Busy stated:
Being a Jamaican, I feel like it is my duty to highlight and contribute to reggae music, and with the encouragement of my management and musicians who played on this record, it all came together. This album is like a renaissance for me, a rebirth - reggae style.

In addition to the full-length album, VP Records will release a vinyl companion piece, entitled REGGAE Music Dubb'n Again, available April 17, special for Record Store Day on April 21. The exclusive LP will feature extended dub mixes for six of the album's songs, which are all mixed and engineered by Shane Brown and his legendary father Errol Brown.