Album Release

Album Release
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

left to right - Richard "Digital One" Roache, Michael "MadVibez" Thompson and Gary "Shanguly" Samuels In the fast pace world of dancehall riddims, it's easy to get lost in a musical haze. Riddims come and go as fast as the blink of an eye, and great music can get lost in the midst. Coming from an era where one took time to enjoy and savor the music, Digital Vibez longs for a return to one of dancehall favorite eras, the 90's. Although Digital Vibez Entertainment is fairly new as a unit, 2 of its members are veterans in the dancehall and reggae arena. Digital Vibes Entertainment consists of veteran producer and manager Richard "Digital One" Roache and chart topping Billboard Engineer, Musician, Producer and Song Writer Gary...
Dancehall and Reggae star Christopher Martin debut his new video "Mi Friend Dem" today. The video directed by Ruption RD Studios features cameos by the fastest man in the world "Usain Bolt", Dancehall artist "Konshens", Jamaican Olympic athlete "Jermaine Gonzalez", legendary producer Suku of "Ward 21", Radio DJ and producer "ZJ Liquid", top radio DJ and fan favorite "ZJ Sparks". The song on the 21st Hapilos Productions "Corner Shop" riddim was an instant success and made it's way to charts both locally and internationally. The Corner Shop riddim was created by Adde instrumentals & JR Blender, and mixed and by mastered JR Blender. The Corner Shop riddim also features top Caribbean artist for this international one drop riddim. J...
New Brand Music presents Grammy nominated Luciano alongside Grammy nominated Chuckle Berry once again on the Pretty Looks Riddim with the much anticipated follow up to their #1 single, Real Life (Remix) - (New Brand Music - Pick Up The Pieces Riddim 2012-2013). "Rude Bwoy" is a hard-hitting universal message delivered with precision by two artists at the top of their game. This powerful track is already charting internationally via pre release! Give it one listen and you be the judge! The original version entitled "Live By De Gun, Die By De Gun" by Luciano appears on the New Brand Music release "Eyewater" which also features Gyptian, Da'Ville, Lutan Fyah, Exco Levi and many more. <object width="400" height="150"><param...
The legendary 5-piece reggae group Morgan Heritage release their brand new digital EP The Return on September 25. After various solo projects, Morgan Heritage is also preparing for their first new studio album in four years, slated to drop at the top of 2013. The 4-song EP, produced by Shane Brown, gives fans a taste of whats to come and is on the heels of the group's massively successful Europe tour spanning Holland, Sweden, France, Italy, England Belgium, Spain and Poland. The band rocked major stage shows including The Garance Reggae festival to over 50,000 fans in the south of France and Indigo2 at London's famed O2 arena during the 2012 Olympic Games. Incorporating live footage from the tour and on the road, Morgan Heritage...
T.I has announced the release date of his eighth studio album Trouble Man and its December 18th, a perfect New Year gift for his fans. T.I has been working hard ever since he came out of prison last year after a nine-month prison term on gun charges. T.I arrived at BET’s 106 & Park to speak on his BET Hip-Hop Awards nomination and he let this information drop during the conversation. T.I has DJ Toomp, Pharrell Williams, Andre 3000, and Cee Lo Green appearing on the album. T.I also hinted that this could be his last rap album; he believes rap is not what it used to be.
Barbadian born singer/songwriter Nyron debuts his music to the world with his EP on July 31, 2012. Determined to give the world a sample of his sounds, the EP contains three tracks spanning three genres, and will be available digitally worldwide with distribution from FOX FUSE. A Barbadian breeding led to a diverse musical portfolio for this budding artist, who harbors strong backgrounds in the R&B, pop and soca genres. With the goal of giving fans a solid introduction to his versatility, each song on the EP explores a different genre, and presents an artist without boundaries. "My music speaks to life's emotions," reveals Nyron. "When I write and record my music, I must be able to take the listener on a journey. Music is the...
With his debut album on the horizon, MasSicker has teamed up with the upcoming reggae/pop sensation Jemere Morgan on his remix of "Come Right Back" originally released on Seanizzle's Split Personality rhythm "It was a natural thing" says Mas. "From mi link with Jemere he made it clear that he's a big time fan of the sounds, "Come Right Back" in particular, and I've also been following his thing and feeling his tune particularly "Paradise" over Delly Ranx's Turnpike Riddim and "Sunshine Glow". Since we both walk that line of Reggae/R&B favor it was a combination that just made perfect sense" With so much drama in the dancehall as of late, it is amazing that this young artiste has managed to stay so quietly focused on his craft...
VP Records is set to release the 20th edition of the best-selling annual reggae compilation Reggae Gold. The June 26th release of Reggae Gold 2012 will mark this achievement with a two disc set offering double the hits. The deluxe package includes a commemorative sticker and 15” x 10” fold out poster of the this year’s Reggae Gold cover girls. The compilation’s first disc carries on the Reggae Gold tradition with the year’s most popular reggae hits. Highlights include Sean Paul’s latest single “She Doesn’t Mind,” Jamaica’s hottest newcomer Popcaan’s “Only Man She Want“ and 4 newly commissioned exclusive songs including Busy Signal's “Kingston Town (Remix)” featuring Damian ‘Jr. Gong’ Marley, Tarrus Riley's "Not Missing You," Etana's...
For 16 years, the annual award-winning Soca Gold series has been the ultimate soundtrack of soca music for Carnival seasons and 2012 is no different. Soca Gold 2012 will unleash the freshest anthems on May 29 on VP Records and feature the genre's hottest artists - representing the islands of Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, Jamaica and St Vincent. This top-selling series, which won "Best Soca Compilation" for the past 5 years in a row at the Soca Music Awards, includes the monster hit "Jab (No Pain)" from 3-time Soca Monarch Winner Iwer George, the catchy dance anthem "Bubble On A DJ" by Swappi, "Good Time" by 6-time Barbados Road March Winner Edwin Yearwood, this year's ladies anthem "No Pressure" by Sass featuring Nadia Boston and "De...
Rocksteady Legends The Tennors are pleased to announce the release of Jamaica 50. The single’s release comes almost four months before Jamaica’s independence. “Music can take a long time to circle the globe. We wanted to make sure that Jamaica 50 wouldn’t be a song that is played for a week at independence, but that it instead got a chance to seep into the hearts and minds of the people”, said founding member George Murphy aka Clive Tennors. The Tennors are best known for their smash hits Pressure and Slide, Cleopatra and Ride Yuh Donkey. The trio recently reunited after a 35 year hiatus. Along with Murphy, the group includes original member Ronnie Davis (who was also a member of The Itals) and new member Henry “Sadiki” Buckley, Jr...
Due to the overwhelming response from fans and industry alike, Busy Signal's benchmark album Reggae Music Again will be available digitally and in stores throughout the Caribbean on April 10. The U.S. in-store release date remains on April 24. This forthcoming album on VP Records shows the dancehall artist in a new light as he pays homage to his roots with a full set of traditional reggae songs. Better known for his sharp-spitting rhymes on hardcore dancehall hits like "Tic Toc" (remixed by M.I.A. and Rye Rye) and "Wine Pon De Edge," Busy Signal emerges as a charismatic roots reggae artist. The intricate, multi-layered one-drop rhythms heard on Reggae Music Again werecreated by some of Jamaica's most acclaimed musicians (Kirk...
Hailing from California’s Bay Area, Groundation will unleash their new studio album, entitled Building An Ark, on April 24, 2012 via Dub Rockers/VP/Universal Music. This 10-track set will be the first release off the new imprint Dub Rockers from reggae giant VP Records. The internationally acclaimed band stays true to the essence of their dynamic sound - capturing the true spirit of roots reggae while blending elements of jazz, funk, Latin and transcendental dub. The album’s hypnotic funk-based rhythms move from earthy percussion-based tracks to complex impressionistic dub compositions. This sophisticated selection of genre-bending sounds provides the perfect template for some of their most fiery militant and conscious lyrics to date...
Better known for his sharp-spitting rhymes on hardcore dancehall hits like “Tic Toc” (remixed by M.I.A. and Rye Rye) and “Wine Pon De Edge,” Busy Signal emerges as a charismatic roots reggae artist on his forthcoming album Reggae Music Again, out April 24th on VP Records. A stark departure from the sequenced beats that dominated Busy’s three previous albums, the intricate, multi-layered one-drop rhythms heard on Reggae Music Again were created by some of Jamaica’s most acclaimed musicians (Robbie Lyn, Dean Fraser, Kirk Bennett), and recorded live at Kingston’s legendary Tuff Gong studios. Each of the album’s 14 tracks celebrates the uplifting spirit and tightly woven grooves that epitomize Jamaica’s signature rhythm. “Modern Day...
Rick Ross plans to capitalize on his current popularity by releasing two albums this year. The first, God Forgives, I Don’t still doesn’t have a release date, but his pal DJ Khaled tells XXL that he was just “putting the finishing touches on it” a few days ago. The second album, also in progress, is currently untitled.
On Jan 24, 17 North Parade will release Live At The Turntable Club for the first time on CD. The original 1974 release, presented and produced by Niney The Observer, was the first live album recorded in Jamaica that gave the rest of the world aural access to Kingston's lively music scene during a definitive era in reggae. With electrifying live performances from Dennis Brown, Delroy Wilson, Big Youth and backing band Soul Syndicate, Live At The Turntable Club is a vibrant snap shot of the key players who paved the way for the roots genre. Reggae's most accomplished recording engineers - King Tubby, Errol Thompson and Dennis Thompson - along with Niney and these legendary artists were at the peak of their musical careers when they...
I-Octane will release his debut album Crying To The Nation on Feb 14, 2012. The 16-track opus is a joint venture deal with reggae powerhouse VP Records and Scikron, which is owned and operated by Robert Livingston, former long-time manager of multi-platinum artist Shaggy. On I-Octane's first full-length LP, he will reinvigorate the feeling of roots and dancehall at its purest. I-Octane has already proven himself as a powerful lyricist and unveils his uncanny ability to sing romantic ballads and socially aware tunes on this traditional reggae album. I-Octane’s “Puff It,” which is featured on Crying To The Nation, is chosen as one of National Public Radio's Top 5 Dancehall Tracks for 2011. NPR's Baz Dreisinger describes I-Octane as...
VP Records and Scikron are proud to announce the release of I-Octane’s debut album, ‘Crying To The Nation,’ available January 31, 2012. As one of the most-talked about artists emerging from Jamaica, I-Octane’s first full-length LP will reinvigorate the feeling of roots and dancehall at its purest. He has already proven himself as a lyricist with rapid-fire delivery, and unveils his uncanny ability to sing romantic ballads and socially aware tunes on this traditional reggae album. ‘Crying To The Nation’ puts I-Octane in a class of his own as one of the next generation’s leaders of the conscious dancehall movement. Following in a similar vein of his predecessors Sizzla, Capleton and Buju Banton, his lyrics express sentiments of faith...
Whether it’s currently on the top of the Jamaican charts, a huge underground seller on the streets or the massive club jam sweeping the dancehalls, Strictly The Best’s annual series provides the hottest catalog of dancehall/reggae music for the fall, winter and new year to come. On November 22, VP Records’ will unleash their latest installments – Strictly The Best Vol. 44 and Vol. 45. Strictly the Best Vol. 44 rallies the most in-demand roots and lover’s rock singers for a must-have set from artists like Beres Hammond, Tarrus Riley, Gyptian, Queen Ifrica, Freddie McGregor, and Etana, while Strictly the Best Vol. 45 contains the season’s most popular, cutting-edge dancehall anthems, banging in the clubs and on Caribbean radio from...
Mavado and Canadian born rapper Drake are set to put their chemistry to the ultimate test and create an album together. Since canceling his contract with VP Records, Mavado returned to the United States and signed with DJ Khaled, since signing with Khaled there are a number of collaboration requests coming in from several rappers.
marie-claire, Nelly Stharre, Bob Andy and Ayeola George at Studio 38 Not since penning songs for Marcia Griffiths 20 years ago has Keith ‘Bob Andy’ Anderson written a full original song for another artist. The Legendary Reggae Singer/songwriter met Dominican opera singer marie-claire at Studio38 the night of July 25th 2010. He told her that very night that he would write her a song. Fast forward a year and three months later, the song “Constellation”is recorded and available for your listening pleasure. Marie-claire's rich vocals, along with the haunting base line and the steady reggae organriffs combine with his simple yet stoic lyrics to form what will one day joinhis other works as a classic. “CONSTELLATION” Written by...