Album Release

Album Release
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Ziggy Marley, his eldest son of Bob Marley, has brought us a new song, “Africa Land,” that he’s released to celebrate the 2010 FIFA World Cup and the fact that the competition is being held in South Africa. Marley says the song is also meant to promote unity. Listen Here
Dutch reggae artist Ziggi Recado returns with his second Greensleeves/VP Records album, scheduled for release on June 7, 2011. The self-titled studio effort showcases 14 new songs, penned and mostly produced by the Holland-based artist. Recado hails from St. Eustatius, an island near St. Maarten in the West Indies, and grew up in Holland. Now heralded as the Netherlands' #1 reggae act, he has recorded and toured with numerous Jamaican and European artists and has thus amassed a solid fan base over the years. His diverse background flavors his music with sprinkles of hip-hop, rock, dub-step and other influences that blend into a roots reggae fusion. Already an accomplished artist, Recado was the winner of the 2009 Zilveren Harp...
VP Records unleashes the hottest dancehall tracks to blaze the airwaves from the genre's top shottas on RAGGA RAGGA RAGGA 2011, dropping on March 29, 2011. This trend-setting compilation is known for breaking the latest tracks and featuring the biggest names currently in dancehall, and is a definitive compilation for fans on the cutting edge of this genre. Featuring red-hot hits from the dancehall's biggest hit makers including Gyptian, Vybz Kartel , Buju Banton, I-Octane , Mavado, Di Genius, Chino, Spice, Elephant Man, Bounty Killer and more, RAGGA RAGGA RAGGA 2011 is bound to satisfy the appetite of any dancehall aficionado. Showcasing new anthems such as "Cake Soap" by Kartel, the sultry "Gal We Want" from Gyptian, Buju...
VP Records is proud to announce the double-disc collection, We Remember Gregory Isaacs, available August 16, 2011. Saxophonist and producer Dean Fraser has assembled an all-star cast of contemporay singers and musicians to pay homage to the icon, who The New York Times describes as “the most exquisite vocalist in reggae.” This week there will be a special live set dedicated to Isaacs at Reggae Sumfest 2011 (the most popular reggae festival held annually in Jamaica). The show will feature live cover performances by legendary and new artists as they celebrate Isaacs' life and music. "When my friend Gregory passed away last year, I wanted to express my appreciation for our musical association and love for him as a close friend. We’d...
The iconic Jamaican producers, Cleveland “Clevie” Browne and Wyclef “Steely” Johnson, created a rich catalog throughout their 30-year partnership. Steely and Clevie were best known for their 80s and 90s hits which helped revolutionize the digital dancehall era, but the duo created a impressive body of work in the early 2000s (before Steely passed away in 2009) that never saw the light of day until Memories. The album was released on September 6 by VP Records, Memories is a collection of classic hits from the late 60s & 70s revamped with Steely and Clevie's contemporary production. Many of the original vocalists remain on the songs including John Holt, Leroy Sibbles (lead singer of The Heptones), Ken Boothe and The Chantells, while...
Whether it’s currently on the top of the Jamaican charts, a huge underground seller on the streets or the massive club jam sweeping the dancehalls, Strictly The Best’s annual series provides the hottest catalog of dancehall/reggae music for the fall, winter and new year to come. On November 22, VP Records’ will unleash their latest installments – Strictly The Best Vol. 44 and Vol. 45. Strictly the Best Vol. 44 rallies the most in-demand roots and lover’s rock singers for a must-have set from artists like Beres Hammond, Tarrus Riley, Gyptian, Queen Ifrica, Freddie McGregor, and Etana, while Strictly the Best Vol. 45 contains the season’s most popular, cutting-edge dancehall anthems, banging in the clubs and on Caribbean radio from...
Get ready to jump and wave to the sounds of the Caribbean with the latest installment in the award-winning franchise series Soca Gold 2011, scheduled for release from VP Records on June 14, 2011. Packing tropical heat for the summer, Soca Gold 2011 is the definitive Soca collection featuring artists from throughout the Caribbean and spreading the sounds of carnival to the rest of the world, year round. This year's compilation has the latest sizzlers from the trailblazers of the genre and is a collection Soca fans traditionally turn to each year to get their fill on the hottest Soca tunes. "This is the 15th anniversary for the Soca Gold franchise," reveals Edwin Howell, executive producer and A&R of the project. "It's the most...
VP Records sees the release of the year's biggest Reggae and Dancehall hits with Reggae Gold 2011, in stores and online on June 28, 2011. The Reggae Gold series continues to keep VP Records at the forefront of Reggae music, for 19 years now. This best-selling collection is renowned for featuring the biggest Reggae and Dancehall anthems of the year and blazing hot artists while breaking new ones to Reggae aficionados around the globe. Reggae Gold 2011 lives up to this standard, showcasing the hottest acts of the year and featuring the sweet sounds of Billboard heat-seeker Gyptian, Grammy-winning singer/producer Stephen Marley, international icon Shaggy, the legendary Mykal Rose, Dancehall King Shabba Ranks, Reggae stars Tarrus Riley...
VP Records released the newest installment of their Reggae Gold series on June 22nd, 2010. The compilation is Reggae’s most highly-anticipated release of the year. It Features 18 exceptional tracks, in a detailed sequence and represents the Reggae Hits for Summer 2010. Reggae Gold 2010 compilation features a varied assortment of significant reggae artists and hits. Gyptian’s chart topping single “Hold You” sets the pace for this outstanding album. Keeping the vibe going is the feel good, Reggae Fusion track “Holiday” from Ding Dong featuring Chevaughn Clayton which is buzzing in dances from Jamaica to the U.S. We couldn’t leave out the track that has been making it difficult for us all to find a pair of Clarks. The Gaza General Vybz...
On May 4th VP records Releases Reggae Disco Mix Showcase Volume 4. This album features 11 re-mastered Joe Gibbs & Errol Thompson produced 12” singles from the golden age of Reggae (1977-82). Collected and compiled together for the very first time! Featuring some of the greatest singers, deejays and musicians in Jamaica’s rich musical history, including Dennis Brown, George Nooks, Junior Byles, Trinity and more…These original, full length vocal / deejay excursions that rocked dancehalls in Jamaica and around the world available on CD for the first time ever! TRACK LISTING 1. Dreadlocks Time / Fist to Fist – Junior Byles w/ Kojak & Liza 2. I Can’t Stand The Rain / Same Complaint – Hortense Ellis W/ Price Weedy 3. Your Man – Dennis Brown...
left to right - Richard "Digital One" Roache, Michael "MadVibez" Thompson and Gary "Shanguly" Samuels In the fast pace world of dancehall riddims, it's easy to get lost in a musical haze. Riddims come and go as fast as the blink of an eye, and great music can get lost in the midst. Coming from an era where one took time to enjoy and savor the music, Digital Vibez longs for a return to one of dancehall favorite eras, the 90's. Although Digital Vibez Entertainment is fairly new as a unit, 2 of its members are veterans in the dancehall and reggae arena. Digital Vibes Entertainment consists of veteran producer and manager Richard "Digital One" Roache and chart topping Billboard Engineer, Musician, Producer and Song Writer Gary...
Platinum Camp Records in association with Twin of Twins (Kingston13) and Black Roses Entertainment have collaborated to present a never done before in the history of the Caribbean deal, the release of Stir It Up Series Vol 9. It is set to be release in an animated (cartoon) format, followed by the production and development of a thirty minutes animated sitcom for television based on the characters made famous by the Twins. C.E.O of Platinum Camp, Daddy Bigg Stated Twin of Twins manager Henry k. stated,
Life is a tightrope, a balance between good and evil, positive and negative, one cannot exist without the other, and as music is the soundtrack of our lives, those sentiments are echoed on the "Tightrope Riddim" EP. Produced by Christopher "Chris Lion" Mattis for Conquering Lion Records and written and composed by Devon Bradshaw , Ian Coleman and Christopher Mattis, the EP features the melodious sounds of international reggae star Capleton with "Paradise", Chezidek "Seed Of Life", Lutan Fyah "Come Away", Fantan Mojah "Stay Far", and second generation reggae royalty Garnet Silk Jr with "All I Desire". Speaking on this musical project, producer Chris Lion explained "Well tightrope was inspired by my journey towards music production. I...
Third World Music Group and VP Records recently joined forces to distribute Third World's 23rd album, Patriots. The new album is set to hit stores on April 5, 2011. With Patriots, Third World Music Group has teamed up with VP Records' global distribution network. The pairing adds to the growing repertoire of major releases through the newly formed VP Associated Labels Group (VPAL), which includes digital and physical distribution as well as marketing services through VP Record's label services. The 13-track album, which was executive produced by Third World Music Group and co-produced by Dean Pond, features songs such as "Front Door" (featuring the late, great Gregory Isaacs), "You Made Me So Very Happy" (a cover of Alton Ellis'...
The legendary 5-piece reggae group Morgan Heritage release their brand new digital EP The Return on September 25. After various solo projects, Morgan Heritage is also preparing for their first new studio album in four years, slated to drop at the top of 2013. The 4-song EP, produced by Shane Brown, gives fans a taste of whats to come and is on the heels of the group's massively successful Europe tour spanning Holland, Sweden, France, Italy, England Belgium, Spain and Poland. The band rocked major stage shows including The Garance Reggae festival to over 50,000 fans in the south of France and Indigo2 at London's famed O2 arena during the 2012 Olympic Games. Incorporating live footage from the tour and on the road, Morgan Heritage...
On August 27, 2013, 17 North Parade unlocked its vaults once again to unveil The Mighty Diamonds’ 2CD/DVD Reggae Anthology Pass The Knowledge. In support of the album, the band will tour Europe in October and then head to the United States. See European dates below and the U.S. portion of the tour will be announced shortly. The remarkable 39-track selection from the legendary Jamaican harmony trio features their most essential hits (some of which are available on CD for the very first time) plus four previously unreleased dubplate exclusives. As an added bonus, the collection includes a 25-minute DVD of The Mighty Diamonds lighting up the crowd at the annual Reggae Sun splash concert in 1989. Disc One begins with their early...
The 'King of Calypso' music, Slinger Francisco aka The Mighty Sparrow aka Doctor Bird, is an extraordinary entertainer who utilizes the medium he masters not just to entertain but also to edify, enlighten, and educate. On May 17, 2011, 17 North Parade/VP Records sees the release of the ultimate collection of classics from this Caribbean icon with his Soca Anthology, aptly titled DOCTOR BIRD. The Mighty Sparrow has proven himself as the quintessential calypsonian with over seventy (70) albums to his credit. An incredibly talented entertainer, he possesses an amazing ability not only to put into works and tempo the exploits of society, but to crown it all with showmanship and appeal. His great contribution to the art form of calypso...
Globally known for featuring the top roots reggae hits that are dominating the charts worldwide, The Biggest Reggae One-Drop Anthems 2011 delivers exactly that when it hits stores on July 12, 2011 from Greensleeves Records. Featuring reggae dynamites such as Midnite, Gentleman, Tony Rebel, Bunny Lee, Queen Ifrica, Gyptian, Busy Signal, Alborosie, I-Wayne and Romain Virgo, to name just a few of the talents featured on this hit collection, The Biggest Reggae One-Drop Anthems 2011 also showcases Vybz Kartel’s first major release on a reggae melody. With one-drop smashes like “How To Answa” by Midnite, “Changes” from Gentleman, The Green with “Alone,” Gyptian on “Where You Belong” featuring the legendary Dean Fraser, Busy Signal on...
The Best of Ernie Smith releases July 13. Glenroy ‘Ernie’ Smith is a national hero in Jamaica. His constant presence on radio and stage during the 1960s & 70s placed this folk influenced, pop singer & songwriter at the top of the national charts and above the rising tide of reggae music and Jamaica’s other musical hero – Bob Marley. The combination of Federal Records; the islands most advanced recording facility and Ernie Smith; its most popular recording artist, placed these productions at the top of the Jamaican music industry during the era and earned international acclaim for many. Ernie Smith wrote hits for himself and others, including Johnny Nash’s “Tears On My Pillow” which, appears here with its original title ‘I Can’t Take...
T.I has announced the release date of his eighth studio album Trouble Man and its December 18th, a perfect New Year gift for his fans. T.I has been working hard ever since he came out of prison last year after a nine-month prison term on gun charges. T.I arrived at BET’s 106 & Park to speak on his BET Hip-Hop Awards nomination and he let this information drop during the conversation. T.I has DJ Toomp, Pharrell Williams, Andre 3000, and Cee Lo Green appearing on the album. T.I also hinted that this could be his last rap album; he believes rap is not what it used to be.