Vegas splits from Irish and Chin

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

30cn7fd.jpg

Dancehall artiste Mr Vegas has parted ways with his management Irish and Chin. Garfield 'Chin' Bourne of Irish and Chin said the parting of ways was a mutual one and he harbours no hard feelings for Vegas' decision. "The artiste said he wanted more control of his career. I still hold Vegas in high regard as an artiste and I wish him all the best," said Bourne.

Irish and Chin began working with Vegas in 2007. Their association yielded many accomplishments for Vegas, according to Bourne. 'Some of the achievements include taking the song Mus Come a Road to the Top 10 on the German R&B singles chart; his song Tek Weh Yuself was ranked among the Top 85 songs of 2008 by Vibe magazine, as well as extensive touring and promotion in Europe.

As for Chin's next move musically, he said he enjoyed the experience of working with Vegas and he is looking forward to working with other artistes. "I want to go full speed ahead working with artistes. I have been working with Mighty Crown for a while now, since I basically discovered them and I am also looking to taking on new challenges as far as the music is concerned," Chin explained.

Vegas, whose real name is Clifford Smith, shot to fame in 1997 with Heads High, which was produced by Danny Browne's son Haldane. The song featured prominently on the Filthy Rich riddim and catapulted Vegas into the local and international market.

Subsequent hits over the years include Pull Up, Hot Wuk, Tek Weh Yuself, Nuh Fren From Dem, Raging Bull and Jacket.

Source: Jamaica Observer