Spice lands deal with VP Records

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

331ko61.jpg

Grace 'Spice' Hamilton, who is now a Billboard artiste after landing the number 86 spot on the R&B/Hip Hop Charts with Rampin' Shop, her controversial duet with Vybz Kartel, is celebrating yet another victory.

Spice was last week signed to the prestigious VP Records label for a major album deal.

She said, "Last year, so many people started to approach me about signing me to album deals but I was so hesitant. After reading over some of the contracts and listening to what some of them had to say, it didn't seem like the best option.

"But when VP approached me and we went over the terms, and when I thought of the fact that they were primarily focused on Caribbean artistesand they know how to market their own, I felt more comfortable and I decided they were the best option," Spice added.

Spice, who has been on the scene for more than 10 years, but onlycame to the fore in 2000afterworking closely with Baby Cham and Dave Kelly on the Mad House label and releasing the hit Right There (feat. TOI), said, "I amhappy to be finally putting out an album and showing fansthe different sides to Grace'Spice' Hamilton."

Source: Jamaicastar