Selectors being abused by artistes or their entourages.

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

kan19y.jpg

Several selectors have been abused in the past, whether by artistes or their entourages. However, these acts of violence are not encouraged by selector and other members of the dancehall industry.

The lastest victim was selector Richie Feelings who was hit with a bottle in his forehead, allegedly by a member of the Alliance, at the last Hot Mondays. This reportedly occurred because Richie Feelings did not play the artiste's songs.

This is not the first incident with Richie Feelings as he was involved in a verbal confrontation with Boom Boom and Foota Hype at a 2008 staging of Bembe Thursdays for playing too many Vybz Kartel songs.

He is not the first to suffer this fate. In 2007, Jigsy said he was hit in the head by Vybz Kartel who denied it. There are also other reports of other selectors like Rolexx and Biggy being attacked for their musical selection.

This level of assault is detested by selectors and industry players.

While we aint sure of what happened with Richie Feelings at Hot Mondays, Sky Juice said: "Mi nuh mix up myself. I don't tek sides. I respect every deejay and selector. One thing mi a beg the artistes and selector dem fi do is live inna love and unity and live as family."

Although he is a known Alliance selector, Boom Boom said he does not take sides when he is playing.

"Boom Boom seh Alliance but mi play every artistes. Yuh caan play fi please yourself nor yuh friend dem, yuh haffi please everybody," he said, while noting that he will play any 'gaza' song as long as the song is good and it does not disrespect any of the Alliance members.

And, although he has differences with Richie Feelings, Boom Boom said he does not support what happened.