Rampin Shop makes Billboard Charts

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

t6vxgk.jpg

Despite being pulled from local radio playlists and websites, the controversial song Rampin' Shop debuted in the number 96 position on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop charts - a first for both artistes.

In a move that caused much uproar in the entertainment fraternity in February, the Broadcasting Commission of Jamaica placed restrictions on all daggering songs, content of explicitly sexual and violent nature and all songs containing bleeps.

Inaddition the original version of Vybz Kartel and Spice's Rampin Shop has been ordered to be destroyed and pulled from all radio stations, television stations and the Internet by EMI Music Publishing.

After being removed from radio playlists locally, internationally the song, which was released in late 2008, has become a hot commodity. The song has heated up US mainstream airwaves on hip-hop station, Hot 97 FM and entered the Billboard charts a few days ago.

Despite the stop order, it is the Miss Independent inspired version of the song that has been entered on the Billboard with Kartel commenting, "Yes, it is the Ne-Yo version that they told me not to play but you know they (Ne-Yo's company) can bully Adidjahiem/NotNice records but not Hot97 FM."