New Edition's to reunite CCGI's Culture night.

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

2ur35w8.jpg

New Edition's Johnny Gill, Bobby Brown and Ralph Tresvant will reunite on CCGI's Culture night at the Rosehall Aqueduct on Wednesday, June 24. According to a release from the organisers, the three former members of the group New Edition will perform together as a group as well as solo.

An American R&B/Pop Group New Edition was formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1978 and became extremely popular during the 1980s. The first song they recorded, Candy Girl, topped the charts in the UK and Canada, therefore they had to record a whole album.
The album Candy Girl featured hits like Is This End, Popcorn Love, Jealous Girl, She Gives Me a Bang and of course Candy Girl.

In 1985 they recorded an album called All for Love and although their voices were changing that year, the album produced hits such as Count Me Out, With You all the Way, and the number one hit A Little Bit of Love (Is all it takes).

Johnny Gill joined the group in 1983 when Bobby Brown left the group to pursue a successful solo career. New Edition released the Heart Break album in 1988. Johnny gave the group the more mature and complete sound they were looking for.

Other artistes on the CCGI Culture Night line-up include Tessann Chin, Chalice, Assasin, Ras Penco, Sasha Samantha and J McKay.