King Yellowman To Preform in Charleston South Carolina

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

king_yellowman.jpg
On Tuesday, June 29th, the original king of the dancehall, King Yellowman, will be performing at the Music Farm in Charleston South Carolina.

Yellowman ushered in a new era in reggae music following Bob Marley's death through his uncanny ability for toasting - the reggae equivalent of rapping. Yellowman, like it or not, is also known for his lyrics that toss around the topics of casual violence, sexism, homophobia, and general rudeness. Despite his lyrics being a source of flack and criticism over the years, it is without a doubt one of the greatest reason for his early popularity.

Dub Island Sound System and the Dubplates will be opening up the show, so if you're in the mood for an authentic dancehall party, do it up right on the June 29th 2010 at the Music Farm in Charleston South Carolina.

Doors open at 8 p.m. and tickets are on sale now for $15 each.

what a good thing the people who set up buju not reading this? why would u put yellowman out there as producing hphobia lyrics? like u did waa dem fi read dis n say oh lets go protest at yellowman's performance tonight, or ostracize the artist like they did to buju, sizzla, etc etc? certain things no deserve mention, now i dont even know why i wrote this comment highlightin that smh :rolleyes: