Jamaican Cruise Ship worker Sentenced To 15 Years

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

ricardo.jpg
Jamaican cruise ship worker Ricardo Stewart has been sentenced to 15 years for his role in a plot to smuggle nearly four kilgrams of cocaine into Bermuda. Ricardo Stewart, 32, of Ochos Rios, maintained his innocence in an emotional plea before Puisne Judge Charles-Etta Simmons at the Supreme Court.

A waiter aboard the cruise ship Explorer of the Seas, Stewart has been in custody since June on charges of conspiring with fellow employee Adrian Morris and others to bring the drugs into the Island. A jury last month found him guilty of conspiring to import.

Morris, also from Jamaica, was caught after CCTV on board the ship showed him stashing the cocaine. He told police Stewart had offered to pay him for his part in the scheme, and a search of Stewart’s cabin found $4,900 hidden in a box of detergent.

Morris pleaded guilty in Magistrates’ Court and has been sentenced to six years in jail. Another ship worker, Kelnile Bushay, testified that Stewart was the connection with guests who brought drugs on and off the vessel.

That get rich quick mentality is gonna be the fall of plenty. Many people in Jamaica would love the opportunity to get work on a cruise ship. Some get the opportunity & don't know what to make of it. Sad sad sad.

always a fuckin jamaican and royal caribbean..dem fuckers does play so dam bad wan to get rich quick. Das y i don't watch wah people have .dem fuckers an dem