Jamaica New $5000 note unveiled

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

6yik5d.jpg

Minister of Finance and the Public Service Audley Shaw is challenging private-sector leaders who have expressed a view that the introduction of a new $5,000 note only symbolises the dismal state of the Jamaican economy to become more productive.

Speaking at the soft launch of the new high-value note at the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) yesterday, it was a spirited Shaw who argued that opponents to the note are missing the real point.

"The truth is, whether we had a $5,000 note or not, the Jamaican dollar has been losing its strength," Shaw stated as he began his discourse on what he called 'Jamaica's Day of Reckoning'.

The new high security note will be introduced into circulation in September of this year. The note will bear the image of the late former Prime Minister Hugh Lawson Shearer.

jam5000.jpg

Wow... High value :confused: I dont think so

It doesnt matter to me whether or not they introduce a $5000 bill. But the opponents are right on one point: It symbolises a weaker value of the Jamaican currency. I remember when a Nanny was nuff money and now u cant even buy a meal wit dat. Heck I remember the 50 cent coin dem dat could buy you nutri bun an bag juice LOL Anyway... mi waa one a dem criss $5000 bill deh fi add to me souvenir collection :p