Happy Birthday Robert Nesta Marley

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

bob-marley.jpg
Nesta Robert Marley, OM* better known as Bob Marley, was born 6 February 1945 in the village of Nine Mile, Saint Ann. Bob Marley was a Jamaican singer-songwriter and musician. He was the rhythm guitarist and lead singer for the ska, rocksteady and reggae band The Wailers (1964–1974) and later, Bob Marley & The Wailers (1974–1981).

*A Jamaican passport official would later swap his first and middle names on his official documents; hence it is Nesta Robert Marley instead of Robert Nesta Marley.

Lifetime Achievement
1976: Band of the Year (Rolling Stone).
June 1978: Awarded the Peace Medal of the Third World from the United Nations.
February 1981: Awarded Jamaica's third highest honour, the Jamaican Order of Merit.
March 1994: Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
1999: Album of the Century for Exodus by Time Magazine.
February 2001: A star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
February 2001: Awarded Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
2004: Rolling Stone ranked him #11 on their list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
"One Love" named song of the millennium by BBC.
Voted as one of the greatest lyricists of all time by a BBC poll.
2006: A blue plaque was unveiled at his first UK residence in Ridgmount Gardens, London, dedicated to him by Nubian Jak community trust and supported by Her Majesty's Foreign Office.
2010 "Catch a Fire" inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame (Reggae Album).

One Love to the legendary Robert Nesta Marley.

I am confused though, as to how a mistake by a passport official could warrant a name change. Is that legal? That is an interesting little fact that I did not know until now, but it makes no sense :confused:

Greetings Listeners. Check the Unique Reggae Mix Show 205 (06/01/11) BOB MARLEY & PETER TOSH SPECIAL. Click to listen >> Bob Marley & Peter Tosh Tribute Feat. Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Elijah Prophet, Wild Life, Andrew Tosh, Damian Marley, Ossie Dellimore, Big Youth, Sara Lugo, Half pint, Fyah George & many more.