Grammy Nominations Shows Drake has Arrived

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

drake.jpg
In the song that made Drake a force in the hip hop world, his words were as honest as they were a breath of fresh air. “It may not mean nothing to y’all, but understand nothing was done for me. And I ain’t plan on stopping at all. I was this forever man.” With the Grammy nominations released recently, the wanting for Drake is over. He has arrived.

The former television star has ascended to the top of the hip hop world by receiving four Grammy nominations. No, this isn’t the first time that Drake has received notice from the Grammy committee, but it’s the first time he has received on his own merit.

Last year, his collaboration on the aforementioned Forever, with Lil’ Wayne, Kanye West and Eminem garnered him his first ever nomination. Now it’s his debut album “Thank Me Later,” that gave him his four nominations including Best New Artist.

Drake is no longer the young Degrassi High star hoping to get his moment to shine. He’s now the young rap sensation earning not only critical acclaim, but the respect of his peers. Drake has had the unique chance of collaborating with the likes of Eminem and Kanye, and was also given the honor of doing a track with his longtime idol Jay-Z on his latest album “The Blueprint 3.” It’s not every day that a hip hop artist achieves success to the point of collaboration with the anointed king of hip hop.

While winning awards isn’t what drives Drake, the artist recognizes it would be nice to give back. In an interview granted to Global Grind,

Drake sees the Grammys as a way to say thank you.
That time spent I used to think about being on the stage and being able to thank the people that have done so much for me in my life.