Featured Artiste:Spanner Banner

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

6sv2c5.jpg

Spanner Banner, whose real name is Joseph Anthony Bonner, began his musical career during his formative years, as a singer on the Bidia sound system in his hometown of Rock Hall, St Andrew, in the late 1980s. The response that he received from the audience whenever he performed served as good encouragement for him to do all he could to realise his musical ambitions. Therefore, he spent a great deal of time writing lyrics and seeking out studios for recording

Singer Spanner Banner, a member of the talented Bonner brothers, which includes Pliers (of Chakademus and Pliers fame) and Richie Spice, says he is ready to reclaim his heritage.

Spanner, who was one of the acts signed to Island Records during the 90's, has certainly made his mark on popular Jamaican music, but has been a background figure in recent years, even as he has thrown his full support behind the career of Richie Spice. In an interesting turn of events, when Richie was a fledgling act, it was elder brother, Spanner, who - with his slew of hits making him in demand - used to call him on stage, then the tables turned.

SPANNERBANNER1.jpg

The artiste strongly believes that after nearly two decades his music is still as potent as when he stormed onto the scene in 1998. His recently released full-length project I'm A Winner is laden with the kind of music for which the dreadlocked artiste is renowned. Among the tracks are the noteworthy Rolling Stones, Solid As A Rock, One Love, She Groove Me and the title track I'm A Winner. The album was produced by his management and production company Bonner Cornerstone Music, along with producers Don Carleone, Donovan Germain and Kemar 'Flava' McGregor. The album is being distributed by Bonner Corner Stone music, VP Records, Zojak Worldwide and Tads Records International.