Cuban Teachers Helping Students Learn Spanish

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Cuba-Jamaica.jpg
Jamaica Government plan to encourage more Jamaicans to become proficient in Spanish
is fast becoming a reality with the help of some 43 Cuban teachers, who have been teaching the language at primary, secondary and tertiary institutions in the island.

Over the past 13 years there have been some 238 Cuban teachers in almost every parish offering their services for a period of two to three years, under an ongoing education cooperation agreement signed between the Governments of Jamaica and Cuba.

Currently, there are 18 Cuban teachers working at primary schools and 23 at high schools and for the first time, three lecturers at tertiary institutions. These are the Shortwood Teachers' College in St. Andrew; Church Teachers' College in Mandeville; and Moneague Teachers' College in St Ann.

nice, it is good to learn other languages

my last spanish teacher before i left jamaica was from cuba, i loved him, but most of my classmates didnt, they said they didnt understand what he was sayin, as compared to a jamaican teacher teaching spanish, so that could be an issue if the students arent passionate about the language

ppl are surprised when they ask where i learned spanish n i say jamaica, i always loved spanish, my favorite subject since 1st form and i studied it 10 yrs str8 up to my last yr in college, my last spanish professor begged me to do a double major in spanish, or at least a minor, now i regret not doing it, she even convinced me to do a study abroad program in chile, which i applied for and was accepted into, but my school/work schedules didnt allow for it at the time (i ended up studying in trinidad instead) but i still have that passion for the spanish language, right now thinkin of a trip to central or south america, maybe reggaeme can sponsor the trip? lol :p