Collie Buddz dropped from Sony's Columbia Records

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

fllfmt.jpg

Reggae artiste, Collie Buddz, is no longer signed to Sony Music's Columbia Records. He had been with the label a little over two years.

Born in New Orleans, Collie Buddz - whose real name is Colin Harper - grew up between Bermuda in the Caribbean and the US.

Released in 2007, his self-titled debut album shot to the top of Billboard's Reggae Album chart. First week sales of the disc was 10,825 copies, which landed it at number 68 on the Billboard 200 album chart.

Among the hits the album generated were Come Around (the video directed by Ras Kassa which was shot here in Jamaica), Mamacita and the Black Chiney

With first week sales of 146,000 copies, the hits compilation Now 30 tops the Billboard 200 album chart. It's the first time since the release of Now 25 in 2007, that any compilation in the series, has secured the number one spot.

Most of the tracks featured on the compilation have already been hits, while some are just breaking at radio and making moves on several Billboard singles charts.

Tracks include Rehab by Rihanna, Thinking of You by Katy Perry, I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, Just Dance by Lady Gaga, Womaniser by Britney Spears, Keeps Getting Better by Christina Aguilera, Heartless by Kanye West, Miss Independent by Ne Yo and Green Light by John Legend and Andre 3000

Source: Jamaica Observer