Artist confirmed for Irie Jamboree

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

2rysx83.jpg

Organisers of North America's premier reggae festival announced yesterday that international DJ Sean Paul will be making his first major outdoor festival appearance in New York for 2009 at Irie Jamboree which takes place on Labour Day Sunday, September 6, in Queens, New York. Other acts confirmed for the festival include the high-riding Fyah Muma, Queen Ifrica, Freddy McGregor, Mr Vegas, Assassin, Laden, Spice and Chino.

Cultural deejay Queen Ifrica, who was in New York recently to promote her new disc Montego Bay is also confirmed for Irie Jamboree 2k9. With a growing fans base and hits like Daddy, Lioness on the Rise, Keep It To Yourself and Below The Waist getting significant airplay in North America and Europe, the Fyah Muma is primed and ready to blaze the stage with another commanding set.

Big Ship recording artiste Freddy McGregor who will share the stage with his son Chino - whose song Never Change (From Mawnin') is definitely the single to watch - and label mate Laden, who garnered the spotlight with My Time.

Mr Vegas, who recently electrified reggae lovers in France and who is enjoying another phenomenal year with his brand new chart hit I Am Blessed and favourites like Hot Wuk, Tek Wey Youself, Heads High and We Nuh Want Nuh Friend From Dem will grace the Jamboree stage once again along with DJ Assassin and female DJ Spice.

One significant change that will be instituted by Team Irie Jamboree this year, is the moving of the event to an outdoor facility at York College on Guy R Brewer, located a few miles from Roy Wilkins Park, home of the event for the past six years.