Alaine fined by the Jamaica Customs Department.

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

300r9kn.jpg

Singer Alaine Laughton is denying that she had anything to do with clearing the 2007 BMW 530i motor car for which she has been fined by the Jamaica Customs Department.

In a release sent out by the Jamaica Customs Department yesterday, it was reported that last year, Alaine imported a damaged 2007 BMW 530i motor car with a declared value of US$8,915.00 FOB (freight on board).

The release stated, "The Customs Department subsequently carried out investigations which revealed that the value was understated. As a result, the vehicle was seized and a penalty of three times the duties avoided was imposed, that is JA$1,388,000.00, for breaching Sections 209 and 210 of the Customs Act."

It further stated: "Ms Laughton has since paid the penalty and additional duties to facilitate the return of the vehicle. She has also apologised to the Customs Department for the breach, as she claimed the importation was done in her name but that she had nothing to do with the shipping or clearance of the vehicle."

Alainecar.jpg

Thus far, the singer has had a squeaky-clean record until now and she hopes that her fans will continue to focus on her music, which she considers to be positive. Currently, the singer has two videos climbing the musical charts, Never Done and Forever More, featuring Tarrus Riley. She also recently released her collaboration with Buju Banton titled Luv-A-Duband is working on her sophomore album of the same name.

alaine.jpg
Source: Jamaican Star