News

Current Events
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Jamaican police have arrested a Canadian man after his wife's throat was slashed during a pre-Christmas getaway to the island. The Ontario teacher, 43 year old Paul Martin, is accused of slashing his wife's throat and leaving her for dead on a dirt road near a popular Jamaican resort. He has been denied bail. Paul Martin was charged with attempted murder and went to court on Tuesday for a preliminary hearing. The hearing was held in Falmouth, a coastal community near the resort of Montego Bay. Police said an argument ensued between the couple, and that they believe he
(AP) United States Sprinter Tyson Gay failed more than one drug test this year, recording one of his positives at the US championships in June, where he won the 100 and 200 metres,The Associated Press learned on Friday. Earlier this month, Gay revealed he had tested positive in an out-of-competition test he took May 16. Three people familiar with the case told the AP that Gay had multiple positives this year. One of those people said one positive came at nationals and the US Anti-Doping Agency has notified him of that result. The people did not want their names used because the doping case against Gay is ongoing and the details have not been made public. Gay’s representatives did not immediately respond to attempts by the AP...
Jamaican police say they have charged reggae singer Luciano with harboring a fugitive who shot and wounded three patrolmen while holed up inside the Grammy-nominated musician's home last week. Police Superintendent McArthur Sutherland said the 44-year-old Rastafarian was charged and released after posting bail. A police statement said the hourlong standoff last week ended with the fugitive gunman, Andrew Senior, being killed at Luciano's home in Kingston. Two of the injured officers still are hospitalized. The other officer was released.
Nas and Jr. Gong lit up the stage on Monday May 31, 2010 in Los Angeles. Nas, son of noted jazz musician Olu Dara, joined forces with Grammy winning dancehall artist Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley, the youngest son of late reggae king Bob Marley, to perform a powerful set of rap, roots and reggae that was delivered with a heartfelt message that, despite our differences, we are all distant relatives They were headlining the second day of UCLA’s 24th annual Jazz Reggae Festival at Drake Stadium. More than 10,000 people turned out for the outdoor show, which also featured such artists as Barrington Levy, Etana, Baby Cham and Nneka. Their 22-song set included a mix of solo songs and tunes off their first CD together, “Distant Relatives,”...
WELLINGTON, New Zealand, January 11, 2010 - A Jamaican man who created a bomb scare in New Zealand's capital last month is now being accused of attempted robbery and threatening to kill a bank employee and her family. Paul Martin Williams was previously accused of threatening to do an act likely to cause major property damage, "namely to blow up the bank" on December 9th. Now he has been slapped with three additional counts - two separate charges of threatening to kill a bank employee and her family by letter, and a charge of using a threat to demand $100,000 with intent to steal it. New Zealand's The Dominion Post publication quoted a senior detective as saying that, if convicted, Williams was likely to serve jail...
In 1993, Chandler told a psychiatrist and police that he and Jackson had engaged in sexual acts that included oral sex, the boy gave detailed description of Jackson’s genitals. The case was settled out of court for a reported $22 million, but the strain led Jackson to begin taking painkillers. Eventually he became addicted. Now maybe for the remorse of his death Chandler decides to tell us the truth. ” I never meant to lie and destroy Michael Jackson but my father made me to tell only lies. Now i can’t tell Michael how much i’m sorry and if he will forgive me ”.Evan Chandler was tape-recorded saying amongst other things, “If I go through with this, I win big-time. There’s no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be...
Chris Brown has been forced to cancel his UK tour after being denied permission to enter England. The singer was refused a visa on the grounds of being found guilty of a serious criminal offence after assaulting his ex-girlfriend singer Rihanna in February 2009. He is currently serving a five-year probationary sentence after carrying out a community service order. Brown was due to play four dates, kicking off at Glasgow Academy wednesday June 9, 2010.
Richard Anthony McTear Jr., 21, was arrested Tuesday, hours after a confrontation at his former girlfriend's apartment in which he snatched the infant, Emanuel Wesley Murray, the Hillsborough County sheriff's office said. The child's body was found about 4 .am. Tuesday on the side of Interstate 275 in Tampa, Florida, by a local television photographer on his way to work. The photographer, WTVT's Jason Bird, said he stopped when he spotted something by the roadside A preliminary autopsy determined the child died of blunt trauma to the head, the county medical examiner's office said. Police were called to the apartment of McTear's former girlfriend about 3:15 a.m. Tuesday. The mother, Jasmine Bedwell, 17, told investigators that...
Philip 'Fattis' Burrell, 57, died at Kingston's University of the West Indies Hospital on Saturday Dec. 3. Burrell, CEO of the Kingston, Jamaica based label Xterminator Records, suffered a stroke two weeks ago and was admitted to the hospital; his condition deteriorated last Tuesday when his doctors discovered a blood clot near his lungs; Burrell fell into a coma on Friday night from which he died from. Born in the Trench Town area of western Kingston, Burrell was raised in England but returned to Jamaica as a teenager. His production career commenced with singer Sugar Minott's 1984 single "More Dogs To The Bone", which Burrell released on his own Kings & Lions label. Two years later Burrell created the Vena imprint, releasing early...
Flippa Mafia was involved in an accident along Hagley Park Road in Kingston yesterday morning December 29, 2009. Details are sketchy, but Flippa was driving his Porsche Cayenne when the vehicle reportedly got out of control and hit into a wall. The deejay, who gave a well-received performance at the Boxing Day Sting, was taken to the hospital, but was later discharged.
ReggaeMe.com have learn't that Lisa Hype have issued a statement reguarding being fired. She have also change her name to Lisa Hyper. Lisa Hyper Statement: I’ve just been released from my contract with the Portmore Empire but even though I am no longer the first lady of the Gaza, mi still ah say Gaza. Death before dishonour. Mi nuh haffi be a part of the Empire fi still say Gaza. Gaza means fight for what you believe in and never give up…never say die. In every set back, there is an opportunity fi grow and right now, mi not going to stop, ah persistence mi say…all mi name change, my new name is Lisa Hyper. As a solo artist, mi can explore new directions, new challenges, and new freedoms, mi ah go mek it. I want to thank...
Wayne Marshall and Tami Chynn were married yesterday at the Mona Visitors’ Lodge in Kingston.
Reggae star Gyptian brought in the New Year in style as his smash hit "Hold You" was voted as the #2 song of the year on New York's WQHT HOT97. The rhythmic powerhouse in the top media market in the nation conducted a contest for listeners to vote for their favorite song of the year, and Gyptian was favored all the way to the number two spoon the Hot 97 Songs of the Year countdown, second only to Drake. This comes on the heels of Gyptian being ranked a top artist internationally and his single "Hold You" as one of the hottest songs of 2010 by numerous media outlets worldwide, capping off a stunning year for the artist and landing him everywhere from Billboard Magazine to the New York Times and in an upcoming piece in the Wall Street...
Beenie Man who was supposed to replace Snoop Dogg in the Parkpop festival has also been cancelled to perform. The organisers made the decision known after receiving a considerably negative response over the controversial artist, infamous for homophobic lyrics in his songs.
The International Monetary Fund’s executive board said it concluded its third review of a loan to Jamaica and approved the release of $49.3 million. The loan brings the amount released under the fund’s standby agreement with Jamaica to about $838 million, the IMF said today in an e-mailed statement. The fund’s board approved a 27-month loan agreement in February for $1.27 billion to help the island nation cope with the global economic downturn.
Bounty Killer was acquitted of assault charge yesterday Tuesday June 29, 2010, when he reappeared in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court to find out if the matter would proceed to trial or be dismissed. Resident Magistrate Jackson-Haisley said she had made the decision to drop the case against Bounty Killer after reviewing the contents of the report. Bounty Killer was arrested in April and initially taken into custody at the Constant Spring Police Station. He was later transferred to the Greater Portmore Police Station.
Upcoming artiste Demar "Copper Cat" Graham was gunned down last night in front of his gate and allegedly robbed of his Blackberry cellular phone. He was 22 years old. According to reports, Copper Cat was shot dead by unknown assailants at his home on Cassandra Avenue in Kingston 10 at approximately 10:30 p.m. Thursday night. The said address is also the home of singer Richie Stephens, who is the adoptive father of the victim. Copper Cat was first introduced into the music business at eight years old with the song Stay in School. He took a break from music and attended Jamaica College until 2007. The artiste was trying to make his return last year with a song called Life Goes On. Our condolences to the family & friends of the...
“Beenie Man a di biggest hypocrite, laugh an’ skin teeth wid man like him an’ dem a fren wen him in front a dem, but chat a bag tings behine dem back,” says Ninja Man. “When mi a kill people mi nuh haffi have nuh hit song. Mi use on the spot lyrics an’ kill people,” says Ninja Man who is responding to comments recently made by Beenie Man on CVM’s On Stage entertainment programme with host Winford Williams. Ninja Man, who is referred to as ‘Mr. Sting’ because of his many on stage clashes, said it was not only lyrics that dictate who wins clashes. “It teck stagecraft, literacy, respect fi yuh fans, how yuh dress and most of all, how fi bring it ‘cross to the people that it is not a physical thing. After wi nuh live in di...
Rodney "Bounty Killer" Pryce was freed of assault charges in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court on Monday Jan 31, 2011. Bounty had been charged with unlawful wounding and assault following an incident in September when his 19-year-old companion, Racquel Smith, alleged that she was attacked with a hammer. Bounty Killer charges was dismissed after his attorney made a no-order submission.
Female Deejay Spice and her fiancé Nicholas Lall, recently welcomed their second girl child into the family. Spice named her daughter Nicholatoy. The deejay gave birth to her daughter outside of Jamaica, where she and her family have been staying for some time. Spice Stated;