VP Releases Steely & Clevie's Memories Album

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

steelie.jpg
The iconic Jamaican producers, Cleveland “Clevie” Browne and Wyclef “Steely” Johnson, created a rich catalog throughout their 30-year partnership. Steely and Clevie were best known for their 80s and 90s hits which helped revolutionize the digital dancehall era, but the duo created a impressive body of work in the early 2000s (before Steely passed away in 2009) that never saw the light of day until Memories.

The album was released on September 6 by VP Records, Memories is a collection of classic hits from the late 60s & 70s revamped with Steely and Clevie's contemporary production. Many of the original vocalists remain on the songs including John Holt, Leroy Sibbles (lead singer of The Heptones), Ken Boothe and The Chantells, while Richie Stephens recreates Delroy Wilson’s “True Believer,” Ed Robinson gives his take on Dennis Brown’s “If I Follow My Heart,” Mr. Vegas covers Jimmy London’s “A Little Love” and Freddie McGregor remakes the classic Bacharach & David composition “A House Is Not A Home.”

The set also comes with a bonus DVD, which is a visual journey with producer Clevie -- documenting the people and places that inspired the album. Filmed in Jamaica and New York City, the 23 minute DVD also includes the new music video for Freddie McGregor's “A House Is Not A Home.”

TRACK LISTING
1. True Believer – Richie Stephens
2. Stars – Cornell Campbell
3. If I Follow My Heart – Ed Robinson
4. Margaret – Dennis Walks
5. You’ll Never Know – Errol Dunkley
6. Never Never Never – John Holt
7. A Little Love – Mr. Vegas
8. Sweet Talking – Leroy Sibbles
9. Can’t Stop Now – Al Campbell
10. A House Is Not A Home – Freddie McGregor
11. Waiting In The Park – The Chantells