Sumfest 2012 Is Here

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

sumfest.jpg

Ivy Rose - ReggaeMe Writer

On July the 19th the Annual Reggae Sumfest takes off into high gear with Dancehall Night with the likes of the great Rodney "Bounty Killer " Price and Moses "Beanie Man" Davis Performing along side of them is the first lady of Dancehall, Lady Saw, who will, also, be honored that night for her many achievements in Dancehall over the years.

The festival continues July the 20th with the first International Night with the legendary Shabba Ranks and internationally known Trey Songs. Friday night also offers a real taste of reggae with the great John Holt, the great Yellowman and the great U-Roy. Which are only a few of the "greats" on the line up that night.

Then on July the 21th the second International Night kicks off with the Chocolate Factory's R Kelly, who is known for giving the ladies what they want. Even if it is a little strip tease for the female's enjoyment. Let us not forget that one of Bob Marley's offspring, Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley will be there to give us a real taste of JamRock and hopefully sing his latest hit "Affairs of the Heart".

This year promises to be one of the greatest for the Annual Reggae Sumfest crew and their patrons as the ARS plans to spare no expense in celebrating their 20th year of bringing Reggae music and Jamaican culture to Montego Bay and the world along side of their faithful and constant supporters/sponsors. This year's sponsors should be very proud to help to bring Reggae music to the world through the Reggae Sumfest Festival and they are as follows: The Diamond Sponsors Digicel, Red Stripe and Iberostar. The Platinum Sponsors, The Jamaica Tourist Broad and Pepsi. The Gold Sponsors CVM TV, The Gleaner and Irie FM (let me take this time to send condolences to the whole Irie FM crew on the loss of their friend & co-worker, Mighty Mike). Last but never least the Silver Sponsors, Courts.

Once again Sumfest is upon us and I, for one, am happy and proud to be a part of the Annual Reggea Sumfest this year and I hope to see you All in Montego Bay from July the 15th until July the 21th. I'm sure, though, that the Jamaica Tourist Broad would love all you visitors to LINGER a while LONGER and enjoy all that Montego Bay and all of the beautiful island of Jamaica have to offer you. Sounds good, right? Right and Righteous. See you there.