Should Jamaica retain the death penalty for murder?

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Should Jamaica retain the death penalty for murder?

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

reggaeme

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 15, 2008
Florida
Jamaica's parliament has voted to keep the death penalty, as the Caribbean nation struggles to contain one of the world's highest murder rates.

Jamaica has had a moratorium on the death penalty since 1988 but the governing Jamaica Labour Party, elected last year, has pushed for its return.

Jamaica currently has nine men on death row. There have been over 1,200 murders on the island last year.

The vote followed weeks of passionate debate. Thirty-four members of parliament voted in favour of capital punishment, 15 voted against. There were 10 abstentions.

Those opposed wanted improvements to Jamaica's heavily criticised police and justice system, while those in favour pointed to the ever-upward rise in violent crime.

if you want to make a man suffer for what he did, keeping him in jail for life is harder than to kill him. can you imagine to get bored for life?....

mr pidz give me a fukin break....why have a man in prison a eat tax payer's money? wud u like di fact dat a man who killed a woman; a child's mother, is being fed by ur hard earned tax dollars? nuff time u go shop u can barely bloodclaat buy di stuff u wah den u reach di counter and dem ass in di tax u puzzle..and who? a man wey rape a baby fi nyam dem dey money....u musi bloodclaat mad...a heng dem fi heng dem or mek me shot dem inna dem head execution style fi dem.....me nuh support dem fukery dey....man inna jail a nyam 3 meals a day...a wanda how much a uno a nyam 2 muchless 3.....dat me sey.dem fi heng dem...and me dun chat....i should be prime minista..wey unu sey prime minister sharpy

jamaica's parliament has voted to keep the death penalty, as the caribbean nation struggles to contain one of the world's highest murder rates.

Jamaica has had a moratorium on the death penalty since 1988 but the governing jamaica labour party, elected last year, has pushed for its return.

Jamaica currently has nine men on death row. There have been over 1,200 murders on the island last year.

The vote followed weeks of passionate debate. Thirty-four members of parliament voted in favour of capital punishment, 15 voted against. There were 10 abstentions.

Those opposed wanted improvements to jamaica's heavily criticised police and justice system, while those in favour pointed to the ever-upward rise in violent crime.

1-why dem nuh invest money in stopping de gun at de border instead of investing in killing people that use guns?

2-Why gun reach jamaica so easly if its not de gouvernement that let it in?

3-Why jamaica dont invest in a dna research fe catch murderers?

4-World wide there is no proove of decreasing crimes using capital punishement, zero evidence!!! Texas have capital punishement and it never help low de crime in fact it even help crime to rise up!!!!

5-Do u really think killing murderers SETTLE crimes? Did the jamaican gouvernement ever ask dem self why there is so many gangster in ja? U need fe take the problem at his roots!! Getting rid off the flower wont stop the tree from growing

den blessed if dem nuh fear death why dem so fraid fi die....people love kill people yet no wah people kill dem....dem fi dead...all murderers and criminals fi dead...any man wey get pleasure fi tek people life fi bloodclaat dead...all incest...any man wey a fuk dem pickney fi bloodclaat dead....all di bway wey rape awf di 9mnths old baby bway fi dead...dead a number3...me get latto number...me gawn buy some..unu fuk awf