Sensimilla Persecution

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

BujuBanton.jpg

Buju may not be familiar with how the country run: what make them fighting sensimilla making way for coke to come? I suppose Buju Banton was also “talking crap” in this song. Tapes have revealed that Buju is in fact familiar, maybe not so much with how the country runs, but with why sensimilla must make way for cocaine.

In my younger years I held certain members of the reggae community with high regard. I felt inspired by their songs, their teachings of naturality, purity, love, righteousness and oneness. No disrespect to those upright men and women who adhere to those set of principles. But as I grow older I begin to see more clearly that some of those same people are no less phony than religious enthusiasts who preach a set of doctrines yet do not follow their own teachings. I will say, without reserve or regard, that Buju Banton is one of those false prophets.

But maybe I should not be so quick to judge. After all, I was one of those who, when the matter first came to light, thought that he was being framed by people with some otherworldly agenda, but after the deejay himself testified in court that he had made a false move by sampling cocaine, that raised a red flag. Based on his confession, it seems obvious that Buju Banton has some level of involvement with cocaine trade. Furthermore, transcripts of audio recordings have Buju saying that he does not deal in cocaine, but that he finances the transactions. I presume one cannot rightly call that dealing?

How can any person call him or herself upright, yet stand to uphold or support the dealing of cocaine, while publicly denouncing it? This matter would not be dragged out in court this long had the prosecutors been competent in carrying out their work. Even if he is not found guilty in court because it has not been sufficiently proven that he is a cocaine dealer, then by the words of his own tongue, it remains that he is a financier of cocaine dealings. Yet his role as a reggae artist makes him less culpable than all other such financiers, certain politicians, for example. Or is it his celebrity status? Had it been a politician caught in this trap, what would be the reaction? Maybe it depends on which party he belongs to.

Buju should have heeded his own warnings against the use of the forbidden substance. It is true that everyone makes mistakes; and then there are some people who live their entire lives a lie. But at the end of the day, all the propaganda they spread, tongues will have to confess, as he did.

Now tell me why the outcry FREE BUJU? Is it because he is innocent? Let us all ignore the facts, turn a blind eye, play the fool or the hypocrite and bawl out FREE BUJU. Why not? What has he done wrong? He says he finances cocaine deals, but I suppose that is okay as long as he does not partake in the actual transactions, if that makes any sense. Free Buju. And while at it FREE DUDUS too. What difference does it make?

We say free Buju because You can tell me of no other internationally known figure who has been held without bail, for over ten months while his court dates and trial keeps getting pushed. Now with all the evidence that the US Govt. could find they could not convince twelve ppl (not his peers) of his innocence or guilt, hence a mistrial, and still he is confined to a prison cell. Whether Buju is guilty of being a hypocrite or not does not mean that his constitutional rights to a fair and SPEEDY trial should be violated. Buju is a resident of the country who owns property and is thus a tax-payer. Just because him disappointed a lot his fans by his deeds, we should not turn our backs as he is being persecuted because of who he is.
The charges dem have nah go stick. Charge him with something else or FREE HIM. If dem did have something else den dem would charge him fi dat alrdeady. So FREE BUJU. yes burn him out fi a taste coke (FYAH), fi a meet with batty man and a apologize (FYAH), fi allegedly financing coke deals (FYAH) but if you cannot prove it den follow you own blood claat law and FREEE DA MAN.
Him fans will now how to deal with him after that........

Thank you for answering the question KingKalonji. And thank you also for clarifying that by FREE u mean that he be granted bail and not necessarily that he be acquitted --unless or until a verdict of not guilty is reached of course.

As for his fans dealing with him... :rolleyes: