Reggae Artist outpricing themselves!!!

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Reggae Artist outpricing themselves
By Sherry Southe

As the global economy heads into a tailspin, it is expected that it will have a profound effect on many sectors in Jamaica. I believe that one of the sectors that will be greatly impacted is the music industry.

In difficult times music can be a life savior and as the exacerbated events continue in this economic environment, one comes to the realization that things like stage shows will have to remain competitive, yet affordable, if they want patrons to attend.

People in general will start prioritizing and balancing their needs based on their fiancés. As an ardent music lover, I can’t help but notice how much money it actually cost to attend some shows. The music industry needs to change with the times.

The artist, their managers, promoters and so forth has to realize that there is only so much cost that can be passed on to supporters, and that there is only so much that a fan will, or can afford to pay. A music lover now has to make realistic decisions in regards to competing factors, for example, if one had the choice to attend a reggae show or pay one’s mortgage; you bet the latter would be chosen.

The reggae artist and their managers need to get creative and come to the realization that if they are to continue gaining financially, they need to do some things differently. They have to find creative ways to make their shows more affordable to the small men and women that patronize them. The rates that they are charging in many cases are exorbitant. They need to give recession rates based on the current economic climate. THIS WAY EVERY ONE WINS.

Rexxxy " and stop charge so much fi dubs whey last two months" lol lol lmaooo