Protoje Releases New Album Seven Year Itch

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

protoje_7_year_itch.jpg
Reggae artiste Protoje releases his long-awaited debut album "Seven Year Itch" on Don Corleon Records, January 25, 2011. The album comes after the success of several already released singles which included on the album, including hit "J.A." and lead single, "Rasta Love" featuring Ky-Mani Marley.

Seven Year Itch arrives to an anxious crowd who has come to know Protoje from his intimate performances in Jamaica's live music scene, to his phenomenal performances on the prestigious stages of Caribbean Fashion Week and Reggae Sumfest.

Protoje has passed on opportunities to put his voice to many mainstream riddims, instead remaining focused on the art itself, perfecting his performance and writing the songs on "Seven Year Itch." The resulting album is sure to both inspire and enlighten Reggae admirers who long for the raw style revolutionized by artists in the 1960s, but with enough modern vibe to relate to a brand new century.

Protoje Stated:
This album documents my journey since I started doing music and if it listened as a whole work it will give a clearer understanding you know, all the songs are connected in one way or another. I just ask for people to share this music once they like it, spread music spread love

Protoje was born in the 1980's but wishes he had been born in the 1960's. Like the Reggae artists who began their revolutionary movement at that time, Protoje aims to free the people of their societal shackles through art, and reinforce the hope that dwells in the hearts of young Jamaicans and people all over the World. One of the most recognizable Reggae artists of that era, Bob Marley's mantra was to “free the people with music.” As Protoje follows suit, he wants to not only free the people with contribution of music, but also through the art of other visionary artists, be it literary, visual, or another form.

To Preview Seven Year Itch Album