Macka Diamond is set to star in an upcoming action film

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Deejay Macka Diamond is set to star in an upcoming action film.
smzu39.jpg

The deejay turned author is now turning her talents to acting and, according to her, will perform extravagant ‘matrix-like’ action stunts in the film Paradise Redemption.

The call from a film director from England is one that opened new avenues for the popular female deejay.

The film, according to Macka Diamond, is about “a middle-age woman like myself who has a grown daughter who’s in the garrison. She has a boyfriend who got killed and the daughter gets involved and gets killed as well, so I go out and get revenge”.

a huge role

Filming for Paradise Redemption begins in Antigua on January 17. This is not Macka’s first acting gig, having guest starred on the silver screen in the popular Jamaican soap opera Royal Palm Estate.

While Macka has acted before, when she spoke to the STAR she admitted to being a little nervous to tackle such a huge role.

“When they first approached me I was all excited, now when I look is 120 pages (the script), I’m suppose to be studying, so I’m kinda like wow, me a wonder if I can do it. I think I can do it. They all gonna have me doing little stunts, matrix stuff, mi a go ride bike, it’s gonna be crazy,” Macka said.

champagne-splashing

Having done a lot of drama in school and being considered a very ‘dramatic person’ is also giving the deejay an added boost of confidence to take on the lead role that could lead to her starring in other movies.

She explained: “You see how they have all those African movies? So the director wants to create a series of Caribbean movies, so this (Paradise Redemption) is gonna be the start of them. My male co-star is suppose to be some big African star as well.”

Before heading off to Antigua, Macka Diamond will be celebrating her birthday tonight with a champagne-splashing soirée at the El Rancho Lawn in Dunbeholden, Portmore.

She told the STAR: “This year, the birthday party is gonna be to just have fun, to prepare myself for this movie trip and to party.”

The artiste has also been busy in the studio recording a number of songs before she leaves for the film.

‘When they first approached me I was all excited, now when I look is 120 pages (the script) I’m suppose to be studying, so I’m kinda like wow, me a wonder if I can do it.’