Lakefest The greatfest Was A Success

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

crowd.jpg
Lakefest "The Greatfest" took place this past Sunday August 14th 2011 in Colchester, CT. The event referred as a modern day 'Woodstock' But strictly Roots, Rock and Reggae lived up to its namesake music festival, from Live bands, food, friends, family and even rain.

Neither rain, nor wind could put a damper on the thousands of Caribbean music lovers who stood side by side with umbrellas, raincoats and bathing suits to enjoy the sounds of Beres Hammond, Etana, Anthony B, Wayne Wonder, Blaq Capone, Alandon, Drezion, Prince Pankhi, Derrick Barnett & Statement Band, Skadee, I Anbassa and Don Minott & High Voltage Band.

The event was the production of DNZ Production and Hapilos Entertainment a first time collaboration between the two promoters. Multi media personality and DNZ Production CEO Nikki Z who shed the DIva for yellow raincoat overalls reflected on Lakefest by explaining that it was created in order to bring back the "Love Of reggae to the New England area and to go back to its roots. You have to take it backwards to move it forwards! Bring unity to Caribbean music lovers. True quality music, I can't wait til next year!!! None of this would have been possible without Hapilos, for believing in me and my vision!

And when asked his thoughts on this past weekend, Hapilos stated "Lakefest has raised the bar as to how a concert should be promoted. Team DNZ was a highly efficient beast and deserve a lot of credit. We over at Hapilos Entertainment were very impressed and will be partnering with Nikki Z and her team again in the near future. As a patron of Lakefest this was the most fun my family and I have had at any event. The vibes in the rain was crazy! Lakefest will be back next year."

DNZ Productions and Hapilos Entertainment would love to thank all those of you who made this possible, thanks to "White Trash Helene" from the world famous "Star & Buc wild" who always support Caribbean music and Winford Williams and the CVM Crew who came especially from Jamaica.

Anthony B.jpg
Anthong B
Nikki Z.jpg
Nikki Z
Don Minott.jpg
Don Minott
Beres Hammond.jpg
Beres Hammond
Etana.jpg
Etana
I Anbassa.jpg
I Anbassa
Derrick Barnett.jpg
Derrick Barnett

I saw Nikki Z the day before at the parade. This is my kind of show... my kind of music... but I never heard about this show until that very day.