Kartel Ordered To Pay J$15 Million

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

vybz-kartel.jpg
Adidjah "Vybz Kartel" Palmer, who is facing two murder charges, has been ordered by the Supreme Court to pay J$15 million in damages to Jamaican promoter Alton Salmon for his failure to perform at a concert in the Turks and Caicos Islands in August 2009.

Salmon said he paid Vybz Kartel a deposit of US$8,500 and the balance was to be paid at the end of the show. Salmon said he honored the agreement however Kartel breached his contract by not appearing to perform at the show.

After the suit was filed in the Supreme Court, the defendant Vybz Kartel was served with the court documents in relation to the suit on December 23, 2009. Kartel failed to file acknowledgement of service or made any attempt to defend the suit brought against him.

A default judgment was entered against Kartel and the matter set for assessment of damages. Supreme Court judge Martin Gayle heard evidence yesterday and assessed damages which totalled $15 million with interest.

R u serious? They really trying 2 destroy Kartel! De promoter woulda never made $15million on de show! So why de hell Kartel got 2 pay soooooo much?

15 milion jamaican dollars its a host of things he won judgement for now he can put a lean on kartel property

katarock10;25570 said:
us or jamician money? sounds ridiculous

Jamaican dollars however he got like two more lawsuit like this where he take people money and not show up to their dance

The bad boy is bad for business, i'am just saying. Would u like this bad boy 2 be a roll model 4 your kiddies. Just saying.