Jamaica regulators ban sex, violence from airwaves

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

2lw26ht.jpg

KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) — Jamaican regulators say they are forbidding all explicit references to sex and violence over the airwaves.

The new rules from the island's broadcast commission ban any song or music video that depicts sexual acts or glorifies gun violence, murder, rape or arson.

The Saturday announcement follows a Feb. 6 ban that specifically targeted dancehall tunes and videos depicting "daggering" — a dance style popular among Jamaican youth that features pelvic grinding simulating sex.

The beat-driven fusion of reggae and rap known as "dancehall" is hugely popular in Jamaica despite recurrent controversy over its lyrics and the dance style.

The latest ban also targets hip-hop and soca, a dance music that originated in Trinidad and Tobago.

di people dem wey a bann sex songs nah get buh fukk..plain and simple..hehehe..but seriously doe...di artiste dem fi gi sex a break and talk more positive.,..dats why so much yutes nowadasy jus a fuk and dats why teenage pregnancy a increase...yutes dem a tink bout sex and nah pick up dem book...i may gallivant wid foolishness but dere is a time for seriousness and dese yutes of today are jus plain demons....anyways unu bless up unu mowly self...:D