bwoy some ppl...90-Y-O GRANNY KILLED FOR PHONE

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

lazerforcesound

Nov 27, 2008
Grandson accused after... 90-Y-O GRANNY KILLED FOR PHONE

By Marlon Vickerman, Staff Reporter

The quiet district of Jackson Hill, Trelawny was awakened by terrifying screams for 'help' yesterday when a beloved 90-year-old resident, Edith Morrison, was viciously stabbed to death in the wee hours of the morning.

Her 24-year-old grandson, Jerome Campbell, has been accused of the crime. It is being alleged that a cell phone was at the centre of the dreadful attack.

Speaking with THE STAR yesterday, one of Morrison's granddaughters, Nickeisha Gibbs, said she was in the room when the gruesome murder unfolded before her eyes. She said that she only managed to escape with her life after making a mad dash after an advance was also made at her with the bloody knife.

want money

Gibbs while sobbing, said; "Mi feel it to mi heart, mama dead and gone. Him did a come after me too but mi run out and call fi help."

She said the fatal episode occurred about 4:30 a.m. when Campbell, who lives in Kingston, but was been visiting the family since last Friday, went to Morrison's house demanding a cell phone.

"Him say him wanted the phone fi call him fada because him want money fi go home," Gibbs said. "Mama (Morrison) told him she didn't have the phone, I did. So, him come over mi room and ask mi for di phone and I tell him I didn't have it either."

Gibbs said this was the beginning of the sorrows. "Him run back over mama house," she said. The elderly woman was said to have been hit in the head and other parts of her body. "Mama run come over my house and him run come ova there behind her. Him kick off my door and come in wid a long knife - if you see the amount a stab wha mama getÉthe first one was in her neck."

After the deed was done, the accused man is alleged to have ran off into the night.

Some members of the mourning family and community are extremely puzzled as to what could have possibly caused the accused man to become so enraged. Gibbs, on the other hand, has her own theories. She said in recent times she has noticed him reading 'obeah books'. She believes they may have influenced him.

Up to late last night the Clarks town police had not held the suspect.

"If you see the amount a stab mama get," granddaughter says.