Busy Signal Set To Release His New Album Reggae Music Again

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

busy_reggaemagain.jpg
Better known for his sharp-spitting rhymes on hardcore dancehall hits like “Tic Toc” (remixed by M.I.A. and Rye Rye) and “Wine Pon De Edge,” Busy Signal emerges as a charismatic roots reggae artist on his forthcoming album Reggae Music Again, out April 24th on VP Records. A stark departure from the sequenced beats that dominated Busy’s three previous albums, the intricate, multi-layered one-drop rhythms heard on Reggae Music Again were created by some of Jamaica’s most acclaimed musicians (Robbie Lyn, Dean Fraser, Kirk Bennett), and recorded live at Kingston’s legendary Tuff Gong studios.

Each of the album’s 14 tracks celebrates the uplifting spirit and tightly woven grooves that epitomize Jamaica’s signature rhythm. “Modern Day Slavery,” inspired by the speeches of Jamaican freedom fighter Marcus Garvey, “Kingston Town” portraying the grittier side of Jamaica’s capital and “Run Weh” decrying societal ills such as skin bleaching, each offer the profound, provocative commentary that has distinguished roots reggae from other musical forms since the early 1970s. Reggae’s spiritual strain is heard on the devotional “Jah Love,” while its lover’s rock subgenre is represented on the exquisitely sung on “Come Over (Missing You)” produced by Wayne Unga Thompson and the gently acoustic “Comfort Zone.”

“This album will shock many people who are used to me just as a deejay,” Busy declares, “but it shows my growth, versatility and the recognition of reggae as the origin of dancehall music. Being a Jamaican, I feel like it is my duty to highlight and contribute to reggae music, and with the encouragement of my management and musicians who played on this record, including Dean Fraser, it all came together. This album is like a renaissance for me, a rebirth - reggae style.” “Dancehall music alone cannot sustain Jamaica’s music industry,” adds Shane Brown Busy’s manager, the album’s primary producer and engineer. “Reggae has more substance and longevity and Busy is one of those rare artists of his generation who can sing as well as deejay on authentic reggae rhythms.”

TRACK LISTING
1. Busy Thoughts: Positive Music
2. Run Weh
3. Modern Day Slavery
4. REGGAE Music Again
5. Come Over (Missing You)
6. Royal Night
7. Kingston Town
8. 119 ft. Anthony Redrose & Joe Lickshot
9. Fire Ball
10. Wicked Man
11. Running From The Law