Bruce Golding to take 15% pay cut.

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

16la1ww.jpg

Prime Minister Bruce Golding told Jamaicans he will take a 15 percent pay cut as the Caribbean island nation, dependent on troubled industries like tourism and bauxite, grapples with a global economic downturn.

In a national broadcast late Sunday, Golding said he would take a cut in his annual salary from $5.4 million Jamaican dollars ($61,400) to $4.7 million ($53,400) and would relinquish a 7 percent pay increase that was scheduled to start April 1.

He urged parliamentarians to follow his lead and take 10 percent pay cuts.
There was no immediate official response from the opposition PNP, but one high-ranking party member said the prime minister should cut the size of his Cabinet instead of asking lawmakers to cut their salaries.

wait a so much bruce a get...5.4 million a year.......no man me afi go have a talk wid dat one yeye man...and him nah tek no pay cut...politician tink dem smart...dem file dat bak inna dem allowances....so him nah lose.....wow 5.4 million...me afi go run fi prime minista...cawz me can get 5.4 million fi rob people plus a good allowance....and me work seal fi 4 years..plus me can do likkle robberies underneath cabinet...wow