BEATEN FOR BUYING TAMPONS - Man injured after leaving shop .. ONLY in JAMIACA

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

thgzs

Oct 17, 2008
Crooklyn
A simple trip to the nearest corner shop quickly turned into a painful experience for a 21-year-old man last week after he went there to purchase tampons (sanitary napkins).

THE STAR was told that the victim Robin* from Meadowbrook, St Andrew, was set upon and beaten by a group of men who dubbed him a 'maama man' after hearing him order the product.

Robin admitted that last Thursday he went to a shop on Ridgepath Avenue in his community to purchase tampons for his girlfriend.He said she was menstruating in tremendous pain and could not walk, so he was asked to make the purchase.

The 21-year-old also admitted he was a bit hesitant at first but went nonetheless.

girlfriend was sick

"Big man thing star, mi neva did too waa go eno, but a my woman and she sick and couldn't even move, so mi neva have a choice, plus mi know if me sick and ask har fi do nuttin, she naw hitch," Robin explained.

After buying the item, Robin exited the shop but was immediately ridiculed by a group of men outside.

"A pure name calling thing di man dem deh pon, how me a maama man and all dem ting deh," Robin said, claiming that his decision to answer the men resulted in him being attacked.

He admitted to calling the men homosexuals.

The beating led Robin to suffer a number of injuries, including a number of cuts to his head. He was also stabbed in the shoulder.

The Constant Spring police are aware of the incident but say a formal report is yet to be made. A corporal told THE STAR the police were also aware of Robin's injuries.

"A patrol team that was passing through the community saw a little crowd and, after they went to check it out, saw the man and his injuries; we were the ones who assisted him to the hospital," the corporal said.

Robin said he will definitely press charges against his four attackers.

"A jus cause mi did haffi go country (Manchester) di nex day mek mi neva report it already, mi still deh a country but me a come up tomorrow ... . As soon as mi come up, me a go link di police," Robin said. "Jah know star, all now mi still a feel some pain."