News

Current Events
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Dancehall's First lady" D'Angel will be making a special guest appearance alongside the reigning "King of the Dancehall" Beenie Man at the inaugural staging of the Belize Reggae Fest Series. The brainchild of U.S. based promoters Triple T Productions and Nuff Muzik Productions, the series is set to launch on Saturday, March 7th at the new venue, the Civic Center in Belize City. D'Angel is set to make her Belize debut with her hit single "Stronger".D'Angel, who was crowned 'Female Singjay of the Year' at the Excellence in Music and Entertainment Awards in Jamaica earlier this month, is highly excited about appearing alongside Beenie Man, Reggae crooner Anthony Cruz, Dancehall's "Attitude Gyal" dancer Dyema, and DJ Andrew D of New...
http://chunnel.tv/film-design/512/j... press link to watch :) AIDONIA JA'S MOST WANTED Director Jamil GS made his way into the heart of Jamaica; Kingston, where he captures the Dancehall movement that has been growing which is heavily influenced by sex. In this chapter he interviews Aidonia and his group. This is some pretty raunchy stuff so watch it in the privacy of your own home. Unless your work is cool like that.
Word in the streets that Beenie Man’s 17 year-old daughter is pregnant. Rumours suggest that it is either for a popular deejay, or a young teenaged boy called 'Nick' who the young girl was dating a few months ago. There is a strong and persistent rumor on the streets since last week that his 17 year old daughter Desha-Gaye is pregnant. More surprising is that she is said to be pregnant for deejay, Aidonia, a former member of Bounty Killer’s Alliance crew.
Jimmy Riley is one of Jamaica’s hard-hitting reggae icons whose artistic excellence lives on in his son Tarrus. However the reggae star has a bit of a lesson to learn about keeping the heavyweight act for the studio and stage, rather than following up belligerence with physical violence. Last week Riley appeared in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate’s Court and faced the serious charge of hitting his wife. Sandra Bramwell-Riley was also present in the court, where she backed up her police report, given on January 4 at the Stony Hill Police Station. In her report, Bramwell-Riley alleged that following an argument that developed while she traveled with her husband, he hit her hard in her face and later threatened her with a...
REGGAE ME NEXT BIG ARTIST (NATURE) talented singer check out the videos below check out the videos below madddddddddddddddddddd tingggggggggggg http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=41647113 http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=41648948 please check his tunes they added to forum new artist
Robert "Bob" Nesta Marley February 6, 1945 – May 11, 1981 He was the lead singer, songwriter and guitarist for the ska, rocksteady and reggae bands: The Wailers Marley remains the most widely known and revered performer of reggae music, and is credited for helping spread Jamaican music to the worldwide audience Studio One, Beverley's, Upsetter/Trojan, Island/Tuff Gong YouTube - Bob Marley - Forever Loving Jah
Reggae Artist outpricing themselves By Sherry Southe As the global economy heads into a tailspin, it is expected that it will have a profound effect on many sectors in Jamaica. I believe that one of the sectors that will be greatly impacted is the music industry. In difficult times music can be a life savior and as the exacerbated events continue in this economic environment, one comes to the realization that things like stage shows will have to remain competitive, yet affordable, if they want patrons to attend. People in general will start prioritizing and balancing their needs based on their fiancés. As an ardent music lover, I can’t help but notice how much money it actually cost to attend some shows. The music industry...
Air Jamaica has unveiled its 2009 Business Plan, which is designed to respond to the current global economic downturn, quickly stem the substantial cash losses at the company, and position the airline on a path to financial stability going forward. The goal of the 2009 Business Plan is to eliminate cash losses by: -Exiting loss-making markets and revising schedules in others -Improving aircraft utilization by more than 25%, and -Executing an efficiency plan that will improve productivity and bring Air -Jamaica’s unit costs in line with international norms. Effective February 26, 2009, Air Jamaica will exit Atlanta, Los Angeles, Grand Cayman, and Miami, and will discontinue service between Jamaica and Barbados and Jamaica...
Bakery Celebrates Obama with 'Drunken Negro Head' Cookies this is so wrong excuse fi be racist bullllllllllllit YouTube - Bakery Celebrates Obama with 'Drunken Negro Head' Cookies
Vybz Kartel and Spice's 'Rampin Shop' has been ordered to be destroyed and pulled from all radio, television stations and the Internet by EMI Music Publishing. This is what the email sent to Kartel states: "'Ramping Shop' by Vybz Kartel and Spice infringes the copyright in 'Miss Independent' (Smith/Hermansen/Eriksen). Clearance of this use of 'Miss Independent' has not been sought or obtained and I am informed that clearance will not be forthcoming. Accordingly 'Ramping Shop' cannot be released or exploited in any way. Please confirm your acknowledgment and acceptance of this, and that you will arrange that (i) all recordings of the infringing track will be re-called and destroyed and that no further copies will be issued, and (ii)...
The school kids in Kingston are showing there allegiance to both the Gully the Gaza Empire... recent reports have indicated that they tagged themselves with labels such as "Gaza Muma" .."First Ladies of Gaza" ..'Mavado' and Kartel .. the kids said that its a way to protect themselves from bullies.... police have already intervened and warned the students ..to be careful or else.. But dem pickney very much into these things than then books... I hear some likkle tiny tots can sing the whole raw version of 'Rampin Shop'... .. I think we need to know god.. LOL What is this fight over the crumbs for Mavado I'm So Special... success ..Dave Kelly a carry TJ a court to claim what he says is his royalties over the "Unfinished Business...
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1089785 click here<<<<<<<<< YouTube - Vybz Kartel-PON DI GAZA (new mavado diss) mad thing maaaaaaad click on the top link too see the stream According to this clip... the Portmore Empire violate Jamaicalive... the host Summer.. is cross angry and miserable.. to the point where she will destroy her radio if she hear any Portmore Empire member on it. The host and her set was threatened with violence ..and ask to leave when they went to Gaza to interview the entire Empire.. .. ... listen to what happened ...
The new black man in the white house!!!!!! Bop Bop Bop
YouTube - Richie Spice - Ano Me Dat Ri Acclaimed reggae star Richie Spice returns to the airwaves with his latest single, "Street Life." Produced on the Chemistry Riddim, which currently sits at number one on the reggae charts with D'Angel's "Stronger," Spice paints a poignant tale of knowing what life is like growing up in poverty, and dealing with the harsh realities of street life. A Billboard artist, Spice propelled into mainstream airplay with his universal hit, "Youths Are So Cold," back in 2006. He has been busy touring countries around the world since the release of his recent album, Gideon Boot (VP), in May 2008. The album peaked at number one on Billboard's Top Reggae Albums, and spurned the culture hit, "The...
Bounty Killa in More Trouble The year haven't started well for some artiste at all.. especially Bounty Killa. Once again the War Lord is in trouble with the law. It has been reported that the DJ is to appear in court in early February to answer to charges of dangerous driving among other traffic offences. One of the charges slapped on the Five Star General is the breaking of seven red traffic lights ..in one early morning session with his entourage after returning from an event in Kingston. At the time of the incident the Bounty was alleged to have been refusing to stop when the police signalled him to do so, they eventually caught up with him after a small chase. The DJ is alleged to have parked his ranger in the middle of the...
It doesn't hurt to say thanks.. a little gratitude goes a long way! big up to all the new members and all that posting in music nuff respeck rexxy and mixhoney seh dat braaaaaaaaap:D
early March 2009, one of the most talked about dancehall artists Mavado will unveil the second chapter of his stirring street narrative, Mr Brooks…A Better Tomorrow, on VP Records. Mavado is making dancehall a big screen production. The talented singjay from Kingston, Jamaica’s toughest ghetto Cassava Piece, has crafted his strongest album yet — a bittersweet struggle over the dichotomies in his world — past vs. present, hope vs. despair, and freedom from strife. Following Mavado’s critically acclaimed debut Gangster For Life: The Symphony of David Brooks (July 2007), Mr Brooks…A Better Tomorrow is a true reflection of who Mavado (David Brooks) is today. This second installment of his latest hits and daring exploits are...
THE LION OF JUDAH ROARS His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I speaks on Faith "No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge of the ways of God." No Woman No Cry was based on the ghetto where both men lived Vincent Ford, the songwriter credited with composing the Bob Marley reggae classic No Woman, No Cry has died in Jamaica. He was 68. Ford lost both his legs to diabetes and died in hospital from complications caused by the disease, said a spokesman for the Bob Marley Foundation. His smash hit appeared on Marley's 1974 Natty Dread album. It was inspired by the Trench Town ghetto in Kingston where both men lived in the 1960s. Some claim Marley wrote it himself but gave...
http://www.reggaeme.com/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&module=league this your ranks all that have joined and not yet check out games please try arcade and beat sum of the top reggae me players cough cough rrrm like my self lol:D one love mix honeyyyyyyyyyy
Deejay Macka Diamond is set to star in an upcoming action film. The deejay turned author is now turning her talents to acting and, according to her, will perform extravagant ‘matrix-like’ action stunts in the film Paradise Redemption. The call from a film director from England is one that opened new avenues for the popular female deejay. The film, according to Macka Diamond, is about “a middle-age woman like myself who has a grown daughter who’s in the garrison. She has a boyfriend who got killed and the daughter gets involved and gets killed as well, so I go out and get revenge”. a huge role Filming for Paradise Redemption begins in Antigua on January 17. This is not Macka’s first acting gig, having guest starred...