News

Current Events
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

“Squingy passed early this morning at Tampa General Hospital "Gone but never Forgotten" He is a father, he is a son, he is our brother and he is our friend. From all at ReggaeMe.com our thoughts and prayer are with you and your family at this sad time <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf" width="400" height="35"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf"/> <param name="FlashVars" value="audio=http://www.reggaeme.com/vbtube/upload/mp3/59835838.mp3&autoplay=false"/> </object>
The abduction and rape of a four year old girl allegedly by a 53 year old man in St Ann, has sparked anger and grief among residents in sections of the parish. The man, a farmer from Dunnsville, St Ann remains in police custody and is expected to be charged. The incident happened Friday night but investigators have reportedly been tight-lipped about the matter. Its reported that the girl was snatched from Ocho Rios sometime after 7p.m. on Friday. She was later seen by a motorist walking naked along the Dunnsville main road, near 11:00 p.m. and was taken to hospital and the police notified. Inspector Howard Simmonds of the Ocho Rios police said the child’s mother left her and an infant with a male family friend and went to...
Recording artiste Buju Banton says that Bob Marley is not the greatest Jamaican musician and that this fixation on the reggae icon has hurt the growth of the music. Banton respects Marley's music but argued that calling him the greatest logically implies that no better can follow. "I want Jamaican music to be seen not through the pretext of some man that died 20 years ago, but as a pretext of a living being, working earnestly. If man cannot do what others have done in these times we might as well die," he told a mixed crowd at the launch of Rasta Got Soul, his new album, at the University of the West Indies on Thursday. "You know they say that the greatest musician in Jamaica is Bob Marley. I don't believe that, because we have...
Songs for Reggae Lovers 3 releases on February 9th, this album aims straight for the heart; presenting 30 top hits from reggae’s brightest stars, singing about love. Specially prepared for Valentine’s Day (and everyday), this collection showcases old and new favorites including the latest hit from rising UK vocalist Gappy Ranks titled ‘The Rain’. For collectors of all ages, this disc gets better with each listen! TRACK LISTING DISC 1 1. Good Thing Going – Sugar Minot 2. The Rain – Gappy Ranks 3. In Your Eyes – Sanchez 4. She’s Royal – Tarrus Riley 5. Beautiful Lady – Gyptian 6. Substitute Lover – Half Pint 7. Tempted To Touch – Beres Hammond 8. Blessing – Etana featuring Alborosie 9. Love Me More – Ziggy 10. Drowning...
First, I would like to say that there is no excuse for a picture of that nature to be a part of the public domain. I admit that the picture is real, but it captures a personal act done in the privacy of my bedroom. I don’t know how that got leaked to the media and condemn anyone who would stoop to such a low. However, I understand that I am a public person, and when I say or do something, either articulated and thought out, it carries weight in the public arena. As a result, I must assume personal responsibility for my actions. I would like to apologise specifically to all my female fans who might be disappointed to see me in this light. However, I don’t apologise for the act itself because it was done with a man that I truly and...
The playing of reggae and dancehall music was suspended in Barbados. The suspension began on June 1 and ended today August 05, 2013 to facilitate Crop Over. Those that control the policies of the Barbados music industry are hoping that Bajans will be consuming more of their culture from the media during that period. Crop Over is a traditional festival which began in Barbados, having had its early beginnings on the sugar cane plantations during the colonial period. The festival was originally a celebration signalling the end of the yearly sugar cane harvest. However, it has since evolved into Barbados' biggest national festival, similar to carnivals in Trinidad and Brazil. How do you feel about this?
Adidjah "Vybz Kartel" Palmer, who is facing two murder charges, has been ordered by the Supreme Court to pay J$15 million in damages to Jamaican promoter Alton Salmon for his failure to perform at a concert in the Turks and Caicos Islands in August 2009. Salmon said he paid Vybz Kartel a deposit of US$8,500 and the balance was to be paid at the end of the show. Salmon said he honored the agreement however Kartel breached his contract by not appearing to perform at the show. After the suit was filed in the Supreme Court, the defendant Vybz Kartel was served with the court documents in relation to the suit on December 23, 2009. Kartel failed to file acknowledgement of service or made any attempt to defend the suit brought against...
A question to all men: Would you remove your wife’s or girlfriend’s underwear from the clothesline or from the washer or dryer? I have asked this question quite a few times before and I never failed to get the same answer. As I finished typing the previous sentence, I decided to ask this question once more, in a desperate attempt to find a man who would do for his wife or girlfriend the same thing she usually does for him without giving it a thought. I asked the interviewee, “Would you take your girlfriend’s panties out of the washer for her?” To my surprise, he answered “Yes.” Finally! So then my second question to him was, “Would you take them off the clothesline outside?” He quickly responded with, “If the bush fence...
Streets is saying Killer has the lead. The dynamic of this clash is completely different to Mavado vs. Kartel last year. Both artists were at the top of the game, one a singjay, the other a deejay. Nobody really gave Mavado a chance due to his style. Kartel have most of Jamaica screaming "Gaza mi seh" including many artists (Flippa Mafia, Beenie Man and even Usain Bolt ahead of 100m semi-finals in Berlin), there isn't anyone in the game with a big enough name who possess the war lyrics to dethrone him - but is Killer that man? I don't think this will be settled until Sting. Vybz Kartel - Nuh Bore Tongue <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf" width="400"...
Busy Signal's one drop rendition of American singer Phil Collins song One More Night, has been raising eyebrows with what some people believe is the use of the word 'Gary' in the song. What do you all think? <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf" width="400" height="35"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf"/> <param name="FlashVars" value="audio=http://www.reggaeme.com/vbtube/upload/mp3/84724510.mp3&autoplay=false"/> </object> Lyrics to One More Night : [Intro:] Let me now (yeah) Gimme another chance baby Gimme another chance girl Another chance Just one bly... [Chorus:] One more night Gimme just...
Gregory "Cool Ruler" Isaacs has died at the age of 59 after a long battle with lung cancer at his home in London. Gregory Isaacs was born in Kingston, Jamaica on July 15, 1951. Gregory Issacs is one of the most famous of all the Jamaican reggae stars to emerge in the '70s. He never achieved the same level of commercial success enjoyed by Bob Marley, Dennis Brown or Jimmy Cliff but classic tunes like 'Slave Master', 'Down The Line', 'Cool Ruler', 'Black a Kill Black', and (of course) 'Night Nurse' place him firmly amongst the all time greats.
On behalf of Mix Honey and myself I would like to take the time to wish each and every one a happy new years.
The Jamaica Major Investigation Taskforce (MIT) charged Adijah ‘Vybz Kartel’ Palmer for the following offences today. 1. Murder 2. Illegal Possession of firearm 3. Conspiracy to murder The charges against Kartel were made following the conduct of an interview this afternoon by detectives from the MIT in the presence of Kartel attorneys. The police said.
Word in the streets that Beenie Man’s 17 year-old daughter is pregnant. Rumours suggest that it is either for a popular deejay, or a young teenaged boy called 'Nick' who the young girl was dating a few months ago. There is a strong and persistent rumor on the streets since last week that his 17 year old daughter Desha-Gaye is pregnant. More surprising is that she is said to be pregnant for deejay, Aidonia, a former member of Bounty Killer’s Alliance crew.
72 Reggae Songs Proposed To Be Banned By The Jamaiacn Broadcasting Commission Anthony B - Tease Her Astronauts - Mek Wi Jam Baby Cham - Ghetto Story Barrington Levy - Unda Mi Sensi Beenie Man - Gyal Inna Bungle Beenie Man - Who Am I Beenie Man - Wickedest Slam Beenie Man - Yu Know Fi Whine Bob Marley - Burning & Looting Bob Marley - Guava Jelly Bob Marley - I Shot The Sheriff Bob Marley - Mix Up Mix Up Bob Marley - Pimper’s Paradise Bounty Killer - Look Into My Eyes Bramma - Voice of the Ghetto Buju Banton - Driva Buju Banton - Water Work Busy Signal - Done Wid Di War Busy Signal - Nah Help You Busy Signal - Tic Toc Byron Lee - O Carolina Byron Lee - Sammy Dead Byron Lee - Tiney Winey Cherine Anderson - Kitty...
Jamaica's police force arrested a suspect on Monday in the beating, stabbing and robbery of Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller's older brother Vincent Simpson. Andre Foreman, 21, of Kingston, was arraigned on charges of aggravated robbery, wounding with intent to kill and illegal possession of a firearm. He is due to appear in court on Friday. The robbers took J$30,000 ($310), a television set, a pistol and other items from Simpson, who remains in a Kingston hospital. Two other men who were suspected to be involved in the attack remain at large.
It is not unusual for people to do a double take, wondering if they are seeing doubles, when they see Paul 'Tu-Lox' and Patrick 'Curly Lox' Gaynor. After all, they are identical twins and perform as the highly entertaining and socially astute dancehall duo, Twin of Twins. And they are slated to do a double themselves shortly, releasing Stir It Up Vol. 8: Trial and Crosses, the latest CD in their gangster comedy series, and the Twinness Book of Records, which contains songs only. In previous 'Stir It Up' volumes, the two have been combined and Tu-Lox explained that "people did have a tendency to skip the song because they want to get to the talking. Not that the song no good, but they want to get to the talking". The artwork...
This is the black couple who have amazed medical experts after their baby daughter was born with white skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. Benjamin and Angela Ihegboro's daughter, Nmachi, has flummoxed genetic experts who are unable to explain why she looks they way she does. Doctors say the white-skinned newborn is not an albino. The blonde, blue-eyed girl's Nigerian parents say they don't know of any white ancestry in either of their families. Doctors say baby Nmachi Ihegboro is not an albino and attribute her appearance to an unknown genetic mutation. Nmachi, whose name means "Beauty of God" in the Nigerian couple's homeland, has confused genetics experts because neither of her parents has any mixed-race family history. Source...
After a two-year hiatus, the coveted Red Label Wine International Dancehall Queen title returned to Jamaica when Montegonian Tavia Morris, a 25-year-old nail technician, was crowned champion at the Pier One Complex on the Waterfront last Saturday, It was the 14th staging of the world's largest dancehall dancing competition. Last year, American Michelle Young upstaged the contestants who came from all over the world to secure the title and took the crown up North. The year before that Canadian Maude Francato won the contest. It was a great comeback for the nimble-footed Morris who last year made it to the top 10 after holding the patrons' attention with her tantalising moves. At the time, she seemed destined for the crown but fell...
Live Interview with Father Keith and Lady Lyrical from Vibes Reggae Arena Approximately five years ago Squingy was diagnosed with a life threatening illness (Lung Cancer) which out of respect for him and at his request has been kept secret. Only a select few were privileged with knowing this sensitive information as this was necessary in maintaining his health. Squingy is said to be in the Intensive Care Unit of a Tampa Bay hospital, is rapidly deteriorating. Part 1 <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf" width="400" height="35"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.reggaeme.com/mediaplayer/flashaudioplayer.swf"/> <param name="FlashVars"...