Album Release

Album Release
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

Life is a tightrope, a balance between good and evil, positive and negative, one cannot exist without the other, and as music is the soundtrack of our lives, those sentiments are echoed on the "Tightrope Riddim" EP. Produced by Christopher "Chris Lion" Mattis for Conquering Lion Records and written and composed by Devon Bradshaw , Ian Coleman and Christopher Mattis, the EP features the melodious sounds of international reggae star Capleton with "Paradise", Chezidek "Seed Of Life", Lutan Fyah "Come Away", Fantan Mojah "Stay Far", and second generation reggae royalty Garnet Silk Jr with "All I Desire". Speaking on this musical project, producer Chris Lion explained "Well tightrope was inspired by my journey towards music production. I...
VPAL, VP Records’ subsidiary label and distribution arm, teams up with Lady Saw’s label Diva Records to release her new album Alter Ego, available now. The Queen of Dancehall is celebrating 25 years in the business with Alter Ego. The album puts her creativity on full display and showcases both the racy side of “Lady Saw” and the more subdued side of “Marion Hall.” The album features collaborations with Beres Hammond, Estelle, Ali Campbell of UB40 and Flo-Rida. Judging by her latest singles, “Hoping” and “Me & Mi X”, Lady Saw is adding some extra sizzle to the holiday season and posed to ignite the charts. The Queen is back and she means business. Alter Ego Track Listing: 1. What Kinda Man featuring Estelle 2. I Do Love You featuring...
Over the past two months, both Cecile and Kiprich have caused a major buzz on the airwaves and national TV with their new single 'Come Back Tomorrow' produced by The Champ & Natural Bridge Records. The classic throwback sound mixed with modern dancehall samples and grooves is becoming a radio hit. With catchy lyrics and an infectious beat, the track conveys a euphoric feeling. 'Come Back Tomorrow' embodies fun - hot summer video with two dynamic artists coming together and delivering a universal track set to hit charts globally. Throughout the video director Damien Sandoval made sure to incorporate energetic dancers adding to the infectious feeling of wanting to dance anytime you hear this track.
21st Hapilos Digital Distribution is the largest digital distributor of Dancehall, Reggae and Caribbean music. We have successfully placed Reggae and Dancehall on the international digital market via iTunes, Amazon and Google Play to name a few. We have effectively brought the revenue back into Dancehall by employing aggressive marketing and cost-effective distribution strategies to maximize the earnings potential of clients. Here are this week new releases: On their latest sensual single, dancehall dynamic duo RDX calls seductively upon the ladies to come and"Whisper"to them."RDX merged the sexual prowess of Dancehall with explicit dalliances of after dark entertaining. “Whisper” in its clean version is simply a tease of male and...
Eddie Murphy’s new single “Oh Jah Jah,” released Jan 27, 2015 on VPAL Music (VP Records’ distribution arm), debuts at #4 on the U.S. Billboard Reggae Digital Song Chart. According to Soundscan, Murphy’s new reggae tune charted above genre classics like Shaggy’s “It Wasn’t Me” feat. RikRok and Bob Marley and The Wailers’ “Three Little Birds.” In its first week of release “Oh Jah Jah” also peaked at #1 on iTunes Reggae Single Chart. This song is not the first time Eddie Murphy has dabbled in the genre. “Oh Jah Jah” follows his 2013 collab “Red Light” feat. Snoop Lion. He also teamed up with the legendary Jamaican dancehall artist Shabba Ranks on his 1993 track “I Was A King.” Murphy penned and co-produced “Oh Jah Jah,” which was...
Jah Cure’s brand new album The Cure released July 10, 2015 by VP Records debuts at #1 on the U.S. Billboard Reggae Album Chart. He has delivered a “certified classic” and lands this week’s coveted chart position with the annual Soca Gold 2015 compilation nabbing the second spot. In support of his new album, Jah Cure is currently touring Europe until end of August – closing at Spain’s renowned Rototom Festival. U.S. fans can catch him aboard the Welcome To Jamrock Reggae Cruise, leaving twice this year either on November 30 or December 5 from Miami, FL. With his strong vocals and soulful conviction, Jah Cure effortlessly blends street poetry and sufferer’s tales with beautiful love ballads into his new album The Cure. The 13-track set...
Gyptian’s new album “Hold You” releases on July 20. It contains 15 tracks and 2 iTunes exclusive tracks. This album introduces the World to the new era of Sexy Reggae Music. The melodic opening coupled with Gyptian’s gentle vocals on “Prelude (To Be Held)” sets the perfect mood to start off the album. Gyptian dedicates this album to ladies across the globe. Included is the up-tempo and romantic track “Beautiful Lady” from his debut album. This song displayed Gyptian’s potential as the Casanova of Reggae Music and it’s fitting that it was added to Hold You. From “Call Gyptian,” “Where You Belong” and “Rendezvous, Hold You delivers classic Lovers Rock and Dancehall tunes. The smash hit that has been dominating airwaves worldwide and...
Known for her daring lyrics, vivacious stage performances and fiery bravado, Jamaican dance hall sensation Spice is happy to announce the release of her eagerly awaited debut EP So Mi Like It, available December 2, 2014 on VP Records. The digital-only EP will showcase her skills with a new selection of her most buzz-worthy anthems as well as exclusive material. On the 5 song set, Spice knows what she wants and has no qualms expressing exactly how she feels. Whether she is taking the reigns in and outside the bedroom on songs like “So Mi Like It,” “Go Go,” “Conjugal Visit” featuring Vybz Kartel and the never-before-heard track “Whine Inna Di Dance” or flipping the script on “Like A Man” – the tell all about being a female in the...
Mixpak Records is set to push the boundaries of Jamaica's singles-driven culture, with an expansive concept album that weds Jamaica's reigning Dancehall champion with one of New York's most innovative producers. Over the past six months, Dancehall superstar Vybz Kartel has been in the studio with prized Brooklyn producer Dre Skull, forging a futuristic new sound that Mixpak will unveil in Spring 2011.
On May 4th VP records Releases Reggae Disco Mix Showcase Volume 4. This album features 11 re-mastered Joe Gibbs & Errol Thompson produced 12” singles from the golden age of Reggae (1977-82). Collected and compiled together for the very first time! Featuring some of the greatest singers, deejays and musicians in Jamaica’s rich musical history, including Dennis Brown, George Nooks, Junior Byles, Trinity and more…These original, full length vocal / deejay excursions that rocked dancehalls in Jamaica and around the world available on CD for the first time ever! TRACK LISTING 1. Dreadlocks Time / Fist to Fist – Junior Byles w/ Kojak & Liza 2. I Can’t Stand The Rain / Same Complaint – Hortense Ellis W/ Price Weedy 3. Your Man – Dennis Brown...
Built on his musical ability and production expertise, Alborosie’s reggae is a unique blend of vintage sounds built with old and new technology and great songwriting. Most tracks feature him playing multiple instruments and were recorded at his own Shengen Clan Studio in Kingston, Jamaica. With songs like “Stepping Out” feat. David Hinds of Steel Pulse, “Money” feat. Horace Andy, “Guess Who’s Coming” feat. Black Uhuru and “I Can’t Stand it” feat Dennis Brown, Alborosie puts his modern day spin on these iconic hits while featuring the original artist. He also recreates Bob Marley classics including “Burnin and Lootin” and “Natural Mystic” alongside the reggae legend’s son and recording artist Ky-Mani Marley. On his new original...
Easy To Love is a fine representation of lovers’ rock, an effortless blend of reggae, R&B and dance hall with universal appeal. The sophistication he brings to these tracks is the mark of true quality. His delivery and phrasing are impeccable, and his choice of material and collaborators are strategic and brilliant. The title track was a No. 1 hit on reggae charts last summer, evidence that Maxi Priest has a gift for staying fresh. The song features the legendary Jamaican drum and bass duo Sly & Robbie, who’ve played on some of Maxi’s biggest hits, including “Wild World,” “Some Guys Have All The Luck,” “Close To You,” and “Housecall” (featuring Shabba Ranks) as well as the new album track “Every Little Thing.” WATCH “Easy To Love”...
Now celebrating its 40th anniversary, The Harder They Come has inspired countless reggae music love-ins on college campuses and among Jamaicans around the world. Now the iconic movie can add a dancehall rhythm to its list of tributes, as One Jam Music releases Bounty Killer's blazing Harder -- a devastating response to all his challengers, and the teaser to One Jam's latest production, the Harder Than Hard album slated for release in early 2014. Harder Than Hard is the brainchild and labor of love of One Jam Music, a boutique reggae music label. The project was inspired by the classic 1972 Jimmy Cliff film written and directed by Perry Henzell and co-written by Trevor D. Rhone. Considered a cult classic, The Harder They Come was the...
For 16 years, the annual award-winning Soca Gold series has been the ultimate soundtrack of soca music for Carnival seasons and 2012 is no different. Soca Gold 2012 will unleash the freshest anthems on May 29 on VP Records and feature the genre's hottest artists - representing the islands of Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, Jamaica and St Vincent. This top-selling series, which won "Best Soca Compilation" for the past 5 years in a row at the Soca Music Awards, includes the monster hit "Jab (No Pain)" from 3-time Soca Monarch Winner Iwer George, the catchy dance anthem "Bubble On A DJ" by Swappi, "Good Time" by 6-time Barbados Road March Winner Edwin Yearwood, this year's ladies anthem "No Pressure" by Sass featuring Nadia Boston and "De...
Koffee has released the first single from her debut EP Rapture. The Columbia Records UK artiste debuted her track Toast. The single talks about her musical journey - from being in high school and writing lyrics to entering the music industry and feeling grateful that she is now able to accomplish great things. The upbeat reggae track is produced by Walshy Fire of Major Lazer. Koffee is currently on tour with Chronixx in the United Kingdom. The release date for Koffee's debut EP Rapture is set for early 2019.
Collie Buddz is set to release his highly anticipated EP “Playback” on January 18th 2011. The single and music video, "Holiday" sets the tone for the first official Collie Buddz release since his critically acclaimed self-titled debut which hit the top 100 on the Billboard charts in 2007. To reciprocate the years of overwhelming support, Buddz has decided to make the entire EP available for free on his website. Always the perfectionist, Collie has spent much of the last three years since his last release making new music. Collie proudly says of the process, “The EP was entirely written, recorded and engineered in Bermuda with my brother Smokey at Harper Digital Studios.” The project features an array of hand-picked producers...
Jamaican-born production team Wycliffe “Steely” Johnson and Cleveland “Clevie” Browne are more than producers – they are pioneers of dancehall reggae’s digital age. Thus, it is only fitting that this compilation album featuring their top hits is deemed Digital Revolution, set for release on January 25, 2011 from 17 North Parade, a division of VP Records. Having built their world-renowned reputations as studio musicians, with Steely playing keyboards and Clevie playing drums, the duo rose to prominence as the house band at King Jammy’s studio at the time when drum machines were first introduced on reggae records. They quickly became Jamaica’s hottest production team and together forged a sound that would rule the dancehall scene for...
One of reggae’s most prolific artists Sizzla returns with his 70th album The Messiah on May 28th (Kalonji Music/VP Records). Since his emergence in 1995, the enigmatic vocalist has undeniably put his stamp on the genre regardless of the current style or trend. His latest effort showcases his musical depth, passion and precision in partnership with Bread Back productions. Mostly written and executive produced by Sizzla himself, Kalonji’s full scope of talents are displayed on The Messiah. With a fresh perspective in 2013, the man on a musical mission inspires positive change worldwide on this 15-track collection. His social commentary on songs like “Chant Dem Down,” “No Wicked Man” and “Psalms 121″ reveal his daring bravado and...
As mother's day is approaching our thoughts and love, and many songs are dedicated to these incredible women who gave us life. Not wanting to over shadow or take anything away from this day, reggae crooner Jahmiel reflected on those men who play both roles. Just as on father's day single mothers get recognition, Jahmiel wanted to extend the sentiment to those "Real Father". That song was inspired by my dad and the good fathers I know. I felt it was necessary knowing that there's mostly mother songs out there in the music industry and less for the fathers. I do have a great mom but my dad is supportive of the 7 of us too, so I represented for him and the real fathers of the Earth. BIG up Notnice who produced it and was also influential...
Caribbean songbird Jalena makes a splash with the new video for her provocative hit single, "1 Night Stand." The song was officially released on Jalena's Bad Reputation album, back in May 2012. It is the third full-length studio effort from this eclectic singer and songwriter from Tortola, British Virgin Islands, who effortlessly blends R&B and pop with reggae undertones, giving fans a taste of her diverse island heritage and fusion sound. 1 Night Stand has tongues wagging with its suggestive title, and tackles a subject Jalena felt needed to be addressed. "I wrote this song because it's a topic that hasn't really been broached upon from a female perspective," she reveals. "I can certainly relate to it and it was surprising to see...